What's new

I am leaving it up to the Brown Leafers

Should I open my 14 month Penzance for Ed's wedding day?

• Crack it open, and mark Ed's wedding day

• Let it age

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Once you open it, it will be open forever. You will lose your 14 months of aging if you pop it open. Believe me, a decade of aging makes for some wonderful tobacco.

I'm going to disagree a bit. My understanding is Owens baccy is already jarred up, so no factory seal here. And sure, opening and resealing doesn't do the same thing as aging uninterrupted, but once it's resealed it will continue to age (or perhaps start again again).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Once you open it, it will be open forever. You will lose your 14 months of aging if you pop it open. Believe me, a decade of aging makes for some wonderful tobacco.
I am going to take a portion of it and put it away for a long time. Once I am a bit better off financially, I will be hoarding Penzance just so I can put some away for a decade. It is a day to celebrate, so I figured "what the heck". It will be interesting to see what a year has done to it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm actually going on the honeymoon tomorrow. I'll PM you my work address, it will be safe there, the new mailman in my neighborhood is a terror.
Ok, I will double bag it to help slow down evaporation.

Top Bottom