What's new

Poll: Do you shave the back of your neck?

Do you shave the back of your neck?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

• Are you crazy?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do it about once every two weeks or so. For some reason, long hair on the back of the neck really irks me, so I lather the neck and do two passes on that during my normal shave routine.

I do it about every two weeks. Single pass with a shavette.

+1 usually a shavette, sometimes DE. GF loves to do it and is disappointed if i do it myself, which is easy enough, even with a straight razor. One pass is enough.

apparently neck hair can ruin shirt collars, according to my sister. Either way, it looks and feels gross and scruffy.

I don't have hair on the back of my neck, I guess. I mean, when I get my hair cut the person generally takes the hair trimmer and runs it over my neck, but otherwise I don't have enough hair there to need to.

Maybe this is a ritual I can look forward to later in life?

I get my wife to do it for me between haircuts, just to get rid of the fuzz. I'm scared that if I do it myself I'll take too much off.
Same here. Although I haven't asked her to do it since switching to DE a month ago. It's been two weeks since my last haircut and it is getting pretty scruffy back there. I'll have to see if the wife is comfortable with a DE.

Of course, twice a week with a Straight of course!:biggrin: Two passes, one N-S and one pass S-N. it is one of the easiest things to shave, the hair is so soft there.

Later,
Richard

Unlike some of you, I actually find it rather difficult to see the back of my head-- How do you guys manage to figure out where to shave back there?

Unlike some of you, I actually find it rather difficult to see the back of my head-- How do you guys manage to figure out where to shave back there?
I get a mirror to tell me where to start. I shave by feel mostly anyway so it is fairly easy once you lay the blade down. I start at an almost flat angle so it will not cut me. I, knock on wood, have yet to cut myself or had a problem.

R

Every two weeks or so, I use a Feather Nape Razor.

Wire-wrapped blade = idiot-proof. Which means it works well for me.

Other than that, it's all about the mirror.

I let the barber do it. That is one of the reason's I prefer going to a barber, the bit about shaving around the ears and neck. It makes the haircut a bit more of an experience.

Top Bottom