What's new

i Coloniali Mango Shaving Soap

HOW is this soap not mentioned as frequently as Tabac or MWF?

One whiff and I am positive I am never going to smell anything better.

One lather and I am positive it's easily top five if not top two for performance.

... and it has the right amount of menthol.

... and it's slick as snot.

... and it's moisturizing.

... and it DOESN'T smell like a barbershop. Nothing stale or box-of-wine-y here.

... and the terracotta pot screams classiness.

It's AWESOME! I love the scent. Easily as slick as any soap I've ever used and I especially love it for straight shaving.

I love the stuff! Definitely is one of the slickest and my go to for a straight shave. I'm not quite sure how to describe the scent, but I love it

I'm not sure how I would describe the scent other than to say it is unique.
Scent aside, the soap is stellar in just about every regard.

I absolutely agree, it one of the very best soaps I've ever used. It also makes me breakout like a high school freshman, but that's not really the fault of the soap - just my stupid skin. Otherwise I would never be without a puck of I Coloniali Mango.

I've been going back and forth on this one for quite a while and think it's going to be a love it or hate it scent for me. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a small sample of this soap? I'd love to try it before committing to a large amount or it.

I am a soap guy and I have a closet filled with artisan soaps. The only cream in my cupboard is the I Coloniali Rhubarb cream. It is a superb cream. Magically slick. Strange scent - sort of like forest floor(or is it compost heap?) with a hint of menthol.

Every time I go to make a soap purchase, I put the I Coloniali in the cart and then take it out at the very last moment. I am a little put off by the price(the puck is $19/100gm) , and the fear of another bizarre scent. If it works as well as their cream, it is a top shelf product.

Anybody know where I can buy a sample of this? I'm hesitant to buy this one without at least trying it first.

I've been going back and forth on this one for quite a while and think it's going to be a love it or hate it scent for me. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a small sample of this soap? I'd love to try it before committing to a large amount or it.

I totally understand your concern, at the very least it is a bold scent.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409312290.389100.jpg

You can buy a refill "puck" from west coast shaving and "audition" it in a shaving tin until you've made a decision to commit to the terra cotta pot.

Here's my starter, still going strong. it's a very safest bet one can make.

Seraphim's description of the scent has indeed kept me away. Shaverjoe's careful praise above reinforces that a bit!
But the enthusiasm for the stuff from others keeps me curious.

Just read Seraphim's impressions...

Can't say I relate. I actually like the smell of icoloniali more than Tabac. Like, a lot more.

Don't be, just buy the refill soap. It's not that expensive, and I a seriously doubt you'll regret it.

It seems pretty pricey to me. A quality soap like B&M charges $3.75/oz in their plastic tub. Granted that a clay pot is much nicer than a plastic tub, but at $39 for the soap in the clay pot that comes out to $10.5/oz. The I Coloniali puck alone sells for $5.25/oz. Everyone is bent out of shape when MdC charges $60/200gm, but that comes to $8.4/oz with a nice glass jar, far less expensive than the $10.5/oz for the I Coloniali in the clay pot.

I am not saying that the I Coloniali isn't worth it. I am simply pointing out that it is priced as a top tier European soap.

It seems pretty pricey to me. A quality soap like B&M charges $3.75/oz in their plastic tub. Granted that a clay pot is much nicer than a plastic tub, but at $39 for the soap in the clay pot that comes out to $10.5/oz. The I Coloniali puck alone sells for $5.25/oz. Everyone is bent out of shape when MdC charges $60/200gm, but that comes to $8.4/oz with a nice glass jar, far less expensive than the $10.5/oz for the I Coloniali in the clay pot.

I am not saying that the I Coloniali isn't worth it. I am simply pointing out that it is priced as a top tier European soap.

You're right, for those in the US it ends up being more expensive in comparison.

Still, it may be priced as a top tier European soap... Because IMO it really is a top tier European soap. :)

Top Bottom