What's new

Dove entering our Realm

So I was in Target yesterday and as always I walked down the shave aisle and was surprised by what I saw. Has anyone else seen this or used any of it? They seem to be priced a bit high for Target so I don't know how many true wetshavers they get compared to cartridge guys.
$uploadfromtaptalk1409242702806.jpg

Nothing will tear me away from my artisan soaps, but I would give the other products a shot. Heck I'm only using Nivea's Sensitive face wash and after shave balm right now.

These have been at my Target for some time now, but I refuse to pay $20 for a tub of shaving cream when I know I can get an artisan shave soap that is a killer product for 1/2 the price. I was hoping Dove would offer some samples since this is a new line but so far.....nothing.

I use their Hydrate face wash in the shower. It's good but I don't think this will pull me away from my other soaps

Innarestin' . I haven't noticed it at my local Target, but then again I'm pretty focused when I'm there. (generic witch hazel, check; cotton, check; .... like that!).

I can't speak for any of the other products but the Men +care post shave balm works great and smells good too! (well smells traditionally manly if that's what you like)

I noticed the Dove Men+Care brand aftershave in Wal-Mart, but it was boxed up and I'm too much of a pansy to actually take something out of the box in a store just so I can smell it.

I recently got a bar of the Men+Care Body soap though, and it's actually quite nice. Until now I've been washing with Dr. Bronner's, but lots of people got angry at me because apparently castile soap is evil.

I use the "Post-shave balm Hydrate+" and it's nice and I like it, bit of a sting when applied but does exactly what it say on the tin. Calms the shaving rash and as mentioned above smells good to.

I have not seen this here in NC, but I agree with an earlier poster. I don't think I would pay up to try that with so many other great options at a lower price.

I'm not in need of any new stuff right now, but would probably try it once I need something new. Good to support companies offering this type of product. And if it does well, others will jump in too.

I've seen their 3-in-1 Body/Shampoo/Shave stuff, but haven't tried it. I keep it tucked in the back of mind as something I might try next time I travel, but really, it would make more sense to test it out BEFORE I travel, so I can find out if its any good or not.

I'm glad to see them coming out with a stand-alone shave cream. I think $20 will put it out of range for most people, though, so it may not get enough market share to keep it in the stores for very long. I see it being discontinued within a year or two. Get it while you can, so at least you can give it a try, and then pass it on to your (great x 30)-grandkids who can make a fortune when they sell it on eBay in 3017.

Nivea is playing in this category as well and I really like their stuff. Made in Germany and priced pretty well. The sensitive formula blame is my everyday pick.

Top Bottom