What's new

90 Day Challenge

I wouldn't say that I've become a vegetarian, but over the past few weeks, I've significantly reduced the amount of meat that I've been eating. Been eating oatmeal for breakfast, a salad and/or soup for lunch, and a healthy dinner. Now I've got to figure out a way to get myself active.

Pretty much the same for me in the eating department. I love meat and potatoes but it's harder to keep your calories in check when you are eating foods that have a high caloric density. Staying away from fried foods and going light on the meat makes things a lot easier.

So I figured I would post a weight loss cartoon for some comic relief!

proxy.php

Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

Just completed my first set of at home exercises.
19 push-ups, 15 sit-ups, 30 second plank. Not many, but I plan on doing them every day and building upon them. Hoping to do them at least 3 times a day. Also had 3 glasses of water since I joined this afternoon. Going to have another. Must drink more water, less beer and soda.

Just completed my first set of at home exercises.
19 push-ups, 15 sit-ups, 30 second plank. Not many, but I plan on doing them every day and building upon them. Hoping to do them at least 3 times a day. Also had 3 glasses of water since I joined this afternoon. Going to have another. Must drink more water, less beer and soda.

You just reminded me that I owe myself a core workout before I go to bed!

You two hardcore gymrats are going to shame me into completing this successfully.

I love it when a plan comes together

Yeah, my back has been killing me the last few weeks and I'm pretty sure strengthening my core will help that. Anybody have any other core exercises to recommend? I know planks are one of the best. Just remember to squeeze your core as you do them, and with anything else you do as well.

Yeah, my back has been killing me the last few weeks and I'm pretty sure strengthening my core will help that. Anybody have any other core exercises to recommend? I know planks are one of the best. Just remember to squeeze your core as you do them, and with anything else you do as well.

I think if you do some digging on www.bodyrock.tv you can find full-length core workout videos.

The kids were having tacos last night, but SWMBO made some great vegetarian chimichurri black bean and rice soft tacos for us (from the cookbook Chloe's Kitchen that we checked out of the library). They were delicious and very filling. Had some oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast this morning and will probably have a salad for lunch. Dinner will be a bit of a challenge. It's my oldest son's birthday and he's chosen Chinese food for dinner, so I'm going to have to be extra careful.

I'm also going to try to make a point of getting out for a walk at least twice this weekend. I know it's just another excuse, but my wife is (hopefully) going to be going back to work next week for the first time in 11 years and I'm going to have to take over getting the three kids ready in the morning, getting the two younger ones to school, and helping out a lot more at home at night, so my time is going to become even more limited. I just need to spend less time goofing off and focus on being more efficient.

My goals:
Lose 10 lbs
Feel better

How:
More exercise: I completed P90X3 back in May and have been slacking quite a bit since. I'll work back up to exercising 6 days/week
Eat better: I've improved my diet a lot the last few years, but I still could cut out more sweets and starches. Far too many beers, cookies and potato chips for me over the summer.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Okay, I'm in. Works out well, since I weighed my self this morning ... 202 lbs on the nose.

My goals for the end of November ...

1. weigh under 195.
  2. be able to do 50 push-ups in a row, and 10 chin-ups in a row.
  3. get my knee back to where I want it to be. Okay, a bit hard to measure exactly but ... I have been seeing physio for it for a while now, have some exercises to do, and so forth.

How I will accomplish these goals:

1. eat healthy and smart
  2. hit the gym at least 4x/week for my leg exercises to strengthen my legs (helps the knee recover &c)
  3. Rushfit exercises at home at least 4x/week.

Wish me luck!!

Rules:

6. There is noooo Rule 6.

Is your name Bruce?

proxy.php

I'm in.

Goals:
My Thanksgiving goal is down 30 lbs on my way to a 70 lb total goal. A secondary goal is to drop all diabetic meds before the challenge is over.

How:
1. I need to get back on a high protein diet and eliminate the carbs for the duration of the challenge. Moderate exercise is on the agenda, including twice daily walks at least four times a week and seeking out daily opportunities to increase my step count. An intermediate goal is 3000 daily steps. Unfortunately, that is all the exercise my knees will accept.

Backstory:
I've lost a total of 140 lbs. so far but the weight loss has stalled in the last few months. I've come so far and this challenge is just what I need to get back on track and finish the job.

By my count we have eleven participants so we might make that dozen goal!

Top Bottom