What's new

RUNNERS, what's on your feet?

Another Brooks Dyad user here. I went the specialty running store route and they're what I ended up getting as the best fit after trying several other brands. The best part is they had the previous year's model in stock at a nice discount.

Anything but Nike.
I can't call myself a true, hardcore runner.....but Nike Free 5.0 have been awesome for me. I used to hate Nikes and swore by my Brooks Glycerin. But I recently wandered into a Nike Outlet on a whim and became a convert.

I can't call myself a true, hardcore runner.....but Nike Free 5.0 have been awesome for me. I used to hate Nikes and swore by my Brooks Glycerin. But I recently wandered into a Nike Outlet on a whim and became a convert.

Nike outlet stores are heaven. I got my flyknit free's for $40 (originally $160 at the time)

Have you tried heel lock lacing? This video does a good job of explaining it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVPDOPGlOA

I'm going to try this out on my next run. I lace up as tight as I can, to keep my shoes from slipping as little as possible (it particularly helped with the recent marathon I ran, where I "only" had one bruised toe!), so this might help even more. Interestingly, I recently stopped lacing up as tight and my feet would be sore and my running gait would be impacted, so last night I went back to lacing up tight and it was night and day!

Another Brooks Dyad user here. I went the specialty running store route and they're what I ended up getting as the best fit after trying several other brands. The best part is they had the previous year's model in stock at a nice discount.

Yeah, they haven't changed much since I've started wearing them (going on three years) so I've bought a few older models on discount. Plus they look nicer than my current black-and-whites!

After going to a running store a few years ago and getting Brooks Adrenalin GTS, I haven't gone back. They seem to last for me and offer the support I want. They are comfortable and I enjoy running with them.

Having the right pair of shoes makes a huge difference. And you can get your stride analyzed most times at a store with no commitment to buy. That will help you more than most anything.

Asics Kayano 18. I ran in New Balance for decades, and my wife talked me into trying Asics a few years ago. I'm sold on Asics, and will continue to buy them as long as they're comfortable and durable.

Lifelong Saucony wearer here. Lately the Guide 5 or 7...and always with Superfeet green insoles...I can actually tell when the shoe goes bad now because my knees start to hurt after a run

Since we're talking about footwear, does anyone have any sock preferences? I've been using Bolega, but just picked up a pair of Thorlos.

Lifelong Saucony wearer here. Lately the Guide 5 or 7...and always with Superfeet green insoles...I can actually tell when the shoe goes bad now because my knees start to hurt after a run

I'm a Saucony fan too...but I have the Reebok zigzag this past few months m

Still struggling to find the perfect shoe. As the miles pile up, issues reveal themselves. The new Kayanos were not super kind to my feet today on a 9 mile run. Beat my toes up a bit and even ended up with a blister on the tip of my second/long toe. I didn't feel like I was jamming them badly during the run, but the wear on my socks, pain in my toes and blister tell another story. I was wearing my swiftwick socks, which are just about the thinnest ones I have.

Space in front of my big toe feels right, but I suspect I may be better off in a half size larger shoe. Or is this just normal as you approach double digit mileage?

Top Bottom