What's new

I'd like to introduce myself

Concerning the Parker 24C or 26C, I've been reading Amazon's reviews, and they all say it's a great razor, but it really shines when the hair is longer. I shave every morning since at night I have stubble again, so would this razor still be the best for me? I do love the price of it compared to the Merkur HD.
I find open combs more comfortable regardless of how often I shave. The shave will not be bad because you have just one day of stubble. It is true, the shorter the stubble is, the less difference you notice... but there still is a difference I think at least.

The Parker 24C/26C is an excellent everyday razor. It just also happens to work well for heavy, multi-day growth, too. I think that it would be a great starter razor, as well as being close to the top of any experienced DE shaver's multi-razor rotation.

Disregard Amazon reviews. Otherwise, you might think an Escali badger brush is the best brush on the planet, as well!:laugh:

Any well regarded razor recommended here on B&B will be great, most likely. Get a decent soap/cream and a decent brush, a few different blades to try, and then concentrate on technique. The learning curve is steep, but short. If you get a $15-$25 Omega or Semogue boar brush, it will take a month or more to really get broken in, so be patient.

In short: I need some advice on good, reliable, professional shave oil, and shave cream or soap. Maybe in Sandalwood. Have I come to the right place?

Welcome to B&B

I am not a big fan of any pre-shave prep outside of shaving right after showering (and using hair shampoo or cream rise on my beard) or doing 2 face washes with glycerin based soap like Pears or Neutrogena.

If you hydrate you beard properly you do not need/require anything else in the pre-shave department

For Sandalwood scented creams I like both the Salter's and Proaso red with the Salter's having the edge in the "slick" department.

For a razor I would strongly recommend either the 39c or 37c slant head Merkur razors for your darker beard. You will find that both are smoother shavers than what you are using but either will be much more efficient at mowing down a coarse beard.

This is a review I did a while ago on both models:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/301979-8-Pass-Shave-Using-2-Merkur-Slants

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Last edited:
Then Open Comb it is then! Thank you! Now I just have to decide on a soap to start, but I guess that is all on personal preference.

Welcome to the club. If you've been to Art of Shaving and can afford their prices, their sandlewood products (cream, pre-shave oil, and after-shave balm) get great reviews here. Proraso Red (sandlewood) is also well regarded.

I can't, their products are ridiculously expensive, but I've always wanted to know if they work, and at the very least try them. Until that dream comes true though, Proraso Red is what I've been hearing a lot about.

Top Bottom