What's new

Seller's Remorse

I haven't posted in a long while but I still log in and read a good deal of the posts. While I have found what works best for me I still have that itch to try new products (and some I have written off). Today, I logged in and went back through several of my old threads and wanted to see what I had sold off and/or purchased from time to time. There were some things I remember selling and some I couldn't recall every having. As most members here, I have tried products, sold products to buy more products, and have even tried, sold, and then purchased the same product again.

What item(s) do you most regret selling?

For me, it would have to be a beautiful 6/8 worked back Dovo Fritz Bracht. Mike (Antique Hoosier) purchased this from me a couple of years ago. I don't know if Mike still has it but I was/am happy it went to someone like Mike as I know it was used and cared for. I didn't spend a fortune when I purchased it and I didn't sell it for a fortune but it was one beautiful razor!

Interesting thought. In all honesty, I haven't sold anything, yet, although I've considered it. Right now I have 1 Fatboy, 1 Ever Ready, 1 Injector, 1 EJ, 1 slant, and 1 shavette. I've built up a variety and have wondered about getting rid of some I don't use. Seeing your remorse makes me think I should keep it all for now.

My Red Imp 133 sold many years back, it was a good razor.
Maybe I just liked the red scales---------one of these days

Probably the Tradere SB I sold today - no real reason though as I didn't really like it. I guess just because they are out of production, possibly for good...

Not shaving related, but I sold an Omega Seamaster Quartz. It is discontinued, and I regret selling it, because imho it was one of the few quartz watches worth having.

I once sold my R41... later I regretted and bought R41 again and since then it has been my favorite razor. I was in the happy situation that it is still in production and I could buy one.

The only razor I regretted selling was a Cadet open comb or so I thought. I bought another one only to find that I was right the first time, I didn't really like it and ended up selling it. I've sold about a dozen razors in my 2 years of wet shaving, some highly valued and treasured by members here. If I ever get pings of remorse for any of the razors I sold I remember my Cadet experience and tell myself that I sold them for a good reason.

I traded my SC101 for a Gillette New SC and Red Tip. I don't regret getting the New but have passed on the Red Tip. I do miss the SC101 though, it was the smoothest shaver I've had even if it needed an extra pass. The New is my favorite razor now but I still feel like I was looking for greener grass when I didn't need to.

I sold a 7/8 Wacker Krullenberger limited edition on here to a nice gentleman. That's the only razor I have sold that I regret but I could name a 100 or so guns over the years that I would like back. I would really like to have the 1971 Boss Mustang back that I bought new. I had it for 15 years and sold it but now it is worth a ton. It was a rare one with power windows, cruise, Air cond 4 on the floor and it had the big one under the hood. I special ordered it and I think there were very few made with those options. Value today - at least $100,000.00

Last edited:
Sold my beloved 34C HD when I got my Weber. Then, like an idiot, realized that I should've kept the Merkur to travel with. So I went out and got another. Dummy...

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Replated New Deluxe head on a Bobs Razor Works Bull Mastiff.

$IMG_0393.jpg

Sold my beloved 34C HD when I got my Weber. Then, like an idiot, realized that I should've kept the Merkur to travel with. So I went out and got another. Dummy...

I have, on no less than 3 occasions, done this with a Merkur slant. Funny thing is, I still don't like them and have one sitting in a box on the shelf.

For me it was 2 items... A feather portable razor, and a Fatip grade in nickel. Was never able to relocate another feather portable, and didn't bother with another Fatip.

Tradere OC. I sold it because I didn't really get on with it, now they're unavailable I wish I'd kept it. The other was a polished Weber, I sold it because I was favouring other razors but I missed it when it was gone. Unfortunately by that time Weber had stopped shipping to the UK. I did find one on the second hand market over here, but it cost more than a new one would have.

Haven't regretted any shaving sells. But I sold the first ruger single six I ever baught. Bugged the guy for 2 years to sell it back to me.finally he did.

Top Bottom