What's new

Taking a pen out of the rotation; flush, then cap it or leave uncapped to dry?

I guess I've reached a milestone of sorts, I now own more pens than I can keep inked at one time! So I flushed the pen to clean it out, automatically I went to cap it but then thought maybe I should leave it uncapped to let it dry out better. Any thoughts or does it really make little difference? Just curious, I left it uncapped for the night, then capped it in the morning and stored it away.

Thanks.

I will set the pen upright, nib down on a wod of paper towel to dry out the bits of water collected in the feed usually over night, then cap and set away.

I will set the pen upright, nib down on a wod of paper towel to dry out the bits of water collected in the feed usually over night, then cap and set away.
I have only been using FP' for a few months but for what it's worth, this is what I do as well.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sometimes I leave the cap off for a while or overnight. Otherwise, they eventually dry out on their own -- just make sure they're clean.

If it's a pen I can completely disassemble, I typically take it completely apart, clean it and put it in a box lined with a cotton shop rag - still in pieces. I leave it there overnight & reassemble sometime the next day or so.

Top Bottom