What's new

Mexico

Not that I have high expectations on finding anything shaveing related but I am going to Acapulco Saturday. Thought if I had a chance to stumble off the beaten path try to stop somewhere the locals might shop. I am pretty sure most of the town is rather touristy but who knows? Anybody have any luck in Mexico I mean besides food and tequila?

Anybody have any luck in Mexico I mean besides food and tequila?

When I was in Arizona I would occasionally go to Nogales with the hope of finding interesting Mexican handicrafts. Unfortunately, most of the stuff was from China. Many Americans buy prescription drugs in Mexico but I think you'd have to be a damn fool to buy any life-saving medication from a Mexican pharmacy unless you knew the pharmacy was reputable and the compound was not adulterated or diluted.

Buy the Tequila that comes in an unmarked, recycled, plastic water bottle. :eek:

If that doesn't float your boat, there's always EL PATRÓN AÑEJO. Lovely stuff.:cool:

Have fun.

Many Americans buy prescription drugs in Mexico but I think you'd have to be a damn fool to buy any life-saving medication from a Mexican pharmacy unless you knew the pharmacy was reputable and the compound was not adulterated or diluted.

:lol: Sorry I do not mean to be disrespectful, but this made me laugh. Medicine in the USA that is a controversial topic. Most of the medicine sold in Mexico is either American, German or Swiss and the Mexican made medicine is just as effective. Still, If American vitamin C is not gonna help you with your cold, Mexican aint gonna do nothin. For a long term disease I will much prefer to be treated in Mexico. For an accident, surgery, or any other treatment that requires the latest and greatest of technological advances then I will rather be treated in the USA.
As for shaving supplies... No. You will not find anything, and even if you do it is going to be cheaper in the USA

Buy the Tequila that comes in an unmarked, recycled, plastic water bottle. :eek:

I'd rather be cautious about that homemade tequilla... they blend some industrial nasty alchools and severe intoxications/deaths are frequent...:em2100:
If a tequila costs less than 10 dls then do not buy it. You get what you pay for... buy your bottles at a reputable liquor store and do not go to hell holes, you can tell and pay for good clubs (although Acapulco is not the best city to visit). As for the artisanal mescal (pretty much tequila made of 'inferior' varieties of maguey)... wow! I have tried stuff that costs 10 dls and competes with fine tequilas costing 100 USD.

:lol: Sorry I do not mean to be disrespectful, but this made me laugh. Medicine in the USA that is a controversial topic. Most of the medicine sold in Mexico is either American, German or Swiss and the Mexican made medicine is just as effective.

No disrespect taken. Buying prescription drugs in Mexico is a tough choice for a lot of folks simply because of cost, which can be so high in the US that many people are faced with buying in Mexico or simply doing without. But buying prescription meds in Mexico does have its risks. Not only are there thriving global counterfeit pharmaceutical operations that use Mexico and other countries as conduits, but a buyer also has to worry about expired drugs, unfamiliar fillers, and bad substitutions. One study estimated that 25% of the drugs in Latin America are fake. Having said that, the pharmaceutical industry has done its utmost to scare people into paying full tilt prices here in America, and has gone so far as to blackmail Canadian pharmacies and rig regulations protecting the industry's high prices. It's a tough call. I still maintain that a person shouldn't buy life-critical (coumadin, lasix, etc) meds in Mexico unless they could absolutely trust the pharmacy.

Top Bottom