What's new

Need a new torch lighter for cigars. What say you?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
As the title states.....I need/want a new torch lighter for cigars. I don't smoke cigarettes, or pipes, or light anything on fire just because. It will 99% be used for cigars.

My budget is under $50. The cheaper the better, but I don't want to sacrifice quality.

One question that comes to mind is do I need a 2 flame or a 3 flame torch?
I'm not sure if one would be better than the other.
My current butane torch has one flame, and is roughly 10 years old. I'm ready to replace it.

I've heard good things about Xikar.
Wondering if any other brands are worth checking out in my budget.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Ronson Jetlite from Walmart

It's been years since I bought any, but they were between $4 & $5 at the time. I'd recomend picking up a couple just to have extras.

I'd skip the double or triple jet lighters the flame is so wide and hot that they can burn the sides of the cigar too easily.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Ronson Jetlite from Walmart

It's been years since I bought any, but they were between $4 & $5 at the time. I'd recomend picking up a couple just to have extras.

I'd skip the double or triple jet lighters the flame is so wide and hot that they can burn the sides of the cigar too easily.

I'll likely be heading to wally world this evening so I'll look for those. I've heard of them but completely forgot bout them!

I've been perfectly happy with my single flame for 10 years. I'm just curious if 2 or 3 flames makes a difference.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I would go with Xikar. They have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I was discussing this at a local B&M, and the manager said that in order to be a licensed Xikar dealer you have to agree to exchange any Xikar lighter regardless of whether it was purchased there or not. That is why I bought my Pipeliner.

i'll be honest, I listen to my head and its true, more parts, more problems. As well as smaller parts that move. SO yes I always prefer single torch lighters. Coil and igniter mechanism is less likely to get ruined. Like I always prefer a manual transmission car. and I live in NYC. lol!

i'll be honest, I listen to my head and its true, more parts, more problems. As well as smaller parts that move. SO yes I always prefer single torch lighters. Coil and igniter mechanism is less likely to get ruined. Like I always prefer a manual transmission car. and I live in NYC. lol!

How do you still have knees?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
While at Wally World I found no such Ronson lighter. They did have 6.99 multi-too lighter thing that was a torch, knife, screwdriver, yadda yadda yadda. I looked at every register too.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
They are usually at the register with the cigarettes. You can also check Walgreens, Rite Aid and other such drugstores.

I've had some success with the zippo z-plus insert. I got it for 10 bucks here and it hasn't acted up at all. Does need to be refilled frequently though as the tank isn't that big on it.

I would go with Xikar. They have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I was discussing this at a local B&M, and the manager said that in order to be a licensed Xikar dealer you have to agree to exchange any Xikar lighter regardless of whether it was purchased there or not. That is why I bought my Pipeliner.

+1 on the Xikar, the lifetime warranty is hard to beat.

Top Bottom