What's new

Premier League/Champions League 2014-15

Hi There, just wondering if there was a thread started for this season - nothing like a bit of friendly banter:001_smile.

Had a quick search but couldn't find one....

Thanks

Still nice to see as a Spurs supporter, lets see how long we stay at the top!! Sunday should be a great game, no more 4 or 5-0 scores though please:biggrin1:

Still nice to see as a Spurs supporter, lets see how long we stay at the top!! Sunday should be a great game, no more 4 or 5-0 scores though please:biggrin1:
Can't promise that......

Looking at our squad, we have bought in some good players but I think it will take a while for them to gel and adjust to the EPL.

Can't be as bad as our new lads trying to fit together last season!! Great win for us over QPR but the real test begins Sunday

So who are your picks for the top 4 this year?

I'll go with
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

First year following EPL thanks to my brother. As an outsider knowing about the league, I always went with Liverpool just because my hometown is Liverpool, NY. But now that I know about the league and the teams, I'm pulling for Tottenham. As for predictions, it is Man City's to lose after watching that demolition of Liverpool this week. I don't think Balotelli is going to solve their problems. Those two teams seem to be the class of the field, with Tottenham, Chelsea, and Arsenal on the 2nd tier.

I don't know if it was quite a demolition. Liverpool defended pretty well in the first half and was actually taking the game to Man City. I think Liverpool need time to find the right combo for the back four and allow them time to gel. I will say that Man City were able to find another gear in the second half that Liverpool haven't been able to find just yet...and it's crazy that they can bring on Aguero as a substitute!

Balotelli might be the answer though. Liverpool looked like a different team with Lambert in the last two weeks. I think the team is more comfortable with two up top at the moment.

I thought the same when I watched the replay of the game again. If Liverpool had been able to convert a lot more of the chances they created it could have been a different scoreline. First half I would go as far to say Liverpool dominated a large percentage. It will be interesting to see for me the effect Super Mario has, may even be that it creates space for others due to the attention he gets.

You are right though defends still concerns me, Glen Johnson concerns me, and as much as it pains me to say it, so does the play of Gerrard at the moment, I think he is being found out a little defensively while adjusting to the new back 4

Nice 3 nil win for Liverpool this morning, the clean sheet pleases me. Let's hope there are more to come!

Still no wins for United . Draw for Arsenal... Will be interesting to keep an eye on transfers with the window closing Monday night in the UK.
$uploadfromtaptalk1409518749274.jpg

Who had QPR ahead of Man U in the table after week 3? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Swansea undefeated and untied at the top of the table?

It's early still, but it's nice to see a little surprise.

So the transfer window is closed. As a Gooner I am conflicted a bit over the results. We brought in Welbeck who I think will be a good signing for us, but failed to add another CB and again no defensive minded midfielder added. I feel we are left hoping for lady luck to be with us on the injury front and will find it hard to sustain a real tilt at the title. I do look forward to seeing Sanchez, Welbeck and Theo up front with Ozil and Ramsey behind them, that should be quite special.

Man City look pretty solid as per last year. Liverpool look set up pretty well and will do well if Mad Mario can keep himself in check. Chelsea look absolutely terrifying and I'd probably tip them for the title this year though fervently hope they have their worst season for a decade :devil2:.

I am left seriously perturbed by what Van Gaal is up to at Man U. He's spent a lot of money on some form of Frankenstein's monster of a team. It will certainly be interesting to watch this pan out.

Good to see Welbeck score twice for England today. As an Arsenal fan, I wasn't impressed when they got him, but now I'm somewhat more hopeful.

Top Bottom