What's new

Premier League/Champions League 2014-15

Get out of jail win for Liverpool today. I'll take it though. Some of the combinations are still not there yet, almost trying too hard. Missed Sturridge and Balo looked lost up front at times.

Hey guys,

Just getting into EPL and UEFA. Can you recommend any websites for reading up, commentary, analysis, etc...

Thanks

Hey guys,

Just getting into EPL and UEFA. Can you recommend any websites for reading up, commentary, analysis, etc...

Thanks

Espn FC is my go to source. But I would also suggest bigsoccer.com for the team forums. You get a really good in-depth view on whatever team you like following.

I don't have a team that I root for yet. Still trying to suss that out. Am leaning towards Tottenham though, no real reason why.

Do I need another European club to root for during UEFA matches?

I don't have a team that I root for yet. Still trying to suss that out. Am leaning towards Tottenham though, no real reason why.

Do I need another European club to root for during UEFA matches?

It depends.

You could pick one team in any country's league (e.g. Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc.). The thing is, if that team is not very good, you will probably not have a team to root for in the UEFA Champion's League. Every four years (two years after every World Cup), UEFA also holds a tournament for Europe's national teams. I would also pick a national team to follow, maybe the national team that your favorite player plays on. One thing, though- in Europe, team sports are more about the team than the players. It is not like in the U.S. where you may root for a team just because you like one of their players.

EDIT: If you have some time, you may want to read the Wikipedia page for the Champion's League and the European Championship.

Last edited:
Excellent weekend of football from my perspective; Arsenal win, Man U lose spectacularly, Liverpool lose, Spurs lose, Everton lose, Man City and Chelsea draw. Fantastic.
I will say on the Man City/Chelsea game that I had severe misgivings about Mike Dean being given the ref spot for that match and once again I just have to state, that man should not be allowed anywhere near the EPL let alone high profile matches.

Last edited:
Switched over to the Liverpool game after Arsenal dropped out of the competition. Never seen anything like that shootout. It was amazing.

I heard about that match, but didn't see it. I'm hoping my Gunners get back on track against Anderlecht.

So I think I've decided the teams I want to root for:

EPL - Tottenham
Bundesliga - Dortmund
La Liga - Real Madrid

Don't ask me how I choose them.

Top Bottom