What's new

Skin care for dry and sensitive face.

Hi!

I'm looking for some skin care products. My face is dry and sensitive, and easily irritated(I usually get "flamy" and red after showers and workouts etc).
I don't have to much acne(I have some, but not much). What I'm looking for is for my face to be fresher looking and more "toned"/relaxed/fresh or whatever..
I'm using La Roche Posay Toleriane Riche for a moisturizer at the moment, but I don't think it gives my skin enough moist.

Anyone have any
recommendations?

Even better if anyone knew where I could buy some samples online. Must be able to ship to Europe(Norway).

This is also my first post, so sorry for bad grammar.
This looks like a great forum, but I suspect it might be an expensive experience..

Anyways, thank you in advance.

Kornelius.

I use the nivea sensitive face wash for men and have really been enjoying it. A good clean feeling after using it not a nasty dry feeling like I got with acne washes

I have pretty sensitive skin too so I use Cetaphyl gentle skin cleanser. I also use Every Man Jack post shave/face lotion. I really like it because it doesn't feel to heavy or greasy like some moisturizers can.

Cetaphil is a good recommendation. I've used that in the past (and just about everything else) on my sensitive skin and since graduated to Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash. I got mine from Birchbox. Really has become one of my favorite products. I use it twice a day with great results.

I find that this face wash leaves my face toned and, for the most part, moisturized. YMMV. I'll add a bit of Baxter of California oil-free moisturizer to my cheeks and around my eyes if there are hints of dryness.

Last edited:
Since you are in Norway, I would really highly recommend anything by Eucerin. Their products are fragrance free and they come in a lot of different texture.

They feel absolutely amazing on my also dry and sensitive skin.

Avalon organics intense defense moisturizer. About a year ago for no reason at all I started to get just a tad of excema along my nose on my cheeks and the dermatologist prescribed some cream that cost $80 a tube and although it worked I refused to pay that much. My wife has used Avalon for years and her skin looks flawless and the stuff can be found at most Kroger, Walmart and Walgreens for under $20. Lo and behold I started using it and haven't had a dry spot since. It goes on non greasy with a citrusy but not bad scent and does wonders for wrinkles.

I have dry (especially in the winter), sensitive skin as well. I'm in the Northeastern USA and not very aware of what is or is not available in Norway but I'll offer some suggestions and let you check pricing and availability. I think LRP products are generally quite good but if it isn't working for you perhaps something else will.
Eucerin moisturizers are an excellent suggestion for dry, sensitive skin care a reasonable price. If you were in North America I'd recommend CeraVe but I don't think they have a presence in Europe. At a higher price point the Trilogy line is good (from NZ but sold in the UK so possibly available in Norway) as is the Uncover Skincare line from the Netherlands.
Shaving can be really hard on sensitive skin both from the physical abrasion and the high pH of many shaving products. You might also want to make sure that your face cleanser isn't contributing to dry skin issues.
Take a look at some of the reddit skincare forums for more information and other suggestions, there is quite a bit of good information there - start with the side bar FAQs.

Jack black facial moisturizer cleared up all my dryness on my face. Believe me I have had dry skin my whole life. This stuff is pricy but well worth it

Avene's stuff have saved my face. Used to be a Nivea guy but Avene's skin recovery cream is amazing as a post-shave balm. £16/50ml but worth it for me. Unless anyone has a better-value similar item?

I use Monsia Skincare & my husband used to pinch my moisturizer on a fairly regular basis so I bought him jojoba oil to use instead - works well, not oily but MUCH cheaper than Monsia!

I have been experimenting with Jack Black products and I am very pleased. A bit pricey, but it works well on my skin. I also used Nivea skin cream and I like it very much. Inexpensive and many movie stars use it, so it's good enough for me.

Top Bottom