What's new

Thoughts on Versace Man Eau Fraîche?

I tried a sample of this today and it seemed like a decent scent but is it just too generic today? I would like to stay away from the whole EdG line as it seems way too generic. For a 45 year old man is this just too young and generic?

I don't know this one per se, but whatever i have sampled from Versace, I have found to be generic and derivative.

I don't know this one per se, but whatever i have sampled from Versace, I have found to be generic and derivative.

Honestly, I'm not surprised to hear that I haven't heard of them being a trail blazer in the fragrance world.

Edit: I guess my main concern is if this is worth the price compared to others in the range and is it too similar to other aquatics that and thus too generic. I would prefer to have a little bit of a style of my own, although I'm not really looking for a niche fragrance either.

Last edited:
I have both Versace Pour Homme and Versace Man Eau Fraiche. It is a "like" but not "love" relationship that I have with both. Price-wise, they are on the inexpensive side compared to other designers. This low cost-of-entry and relatively safe scents have led to many in my office (including myself) to purchase both. Unfortunately, I do not get very much meaningful projection from either of them.

I have both Versace Pour Homme and Versace Man Eau Fraiche. It is a "like" but not "love" relationship that I have with both. Price-wise, they are on the inexpensive side compared to other designers. This low cost-of-entry and relatively safe scents have led to many in my office (including myself) to purchase both. Unfortunately, I do not get very much meaningful projection from either of them.

Thanks, low projection is actually what I look for in my office fragrances. This could work for day time then...

Very nice, safe fragrance. Definitely low projection. I'm with Atalk - I have a good, hearty "like" for it. I don't think it's "generic" at all, if by that you mean it's like everything else or that everyone is wearing it. I don't think it falls into either of those categories.

Thanks, you are correct, I prefer to have something a little different, which is why I am avoiding Eau de Gio right now. It's a good fragrance but so many wear it that it gets a little old.

This is my favorite scent!! Really great in Spring and summer is when I get most compliments but I use it year round because it makes me feel smell fresh, however then again Im in college and I am a 21 year old. so let that be a factor. I smell more DavidOff Cool Water on everyone, so I feel unique and that I stand out from the others.

I am in an office environment of roughly 800 people and I will assume a 50/50 blend of men and women. I do not know the exact statistic, but based on what I see, the population is fairly diverse in terms of age. With that said, the men's fragrances I smell the most are definitely:

Acqua di Gio
Cool Water
D&G Light Blue
Le Male
Everything else

Truth be told, I would consider all of the above to be office safe since you are not likely to offend your office mate (who is probably wearing the same thing...lol). Now, there is one floor section that I do not walk through because there is a gentleman who is a walking bug-bomb of Paco Rabanne 1 Million.

We have a lot of Polo colognes here at this office. I smell Polo Blue, Double Black, Red all the time. i have aqua di gio, cool water and Light blue. they are all great fragrances and safe.

Does it smell good? Yes.

Is it a generic freshy? Yes.

IMO, of course. It's up to you whether you're okay with that or not.

Does it smell good? Yes.

Is it a generic freshy? Yes.

IMO, of course. It's up to you whether you're okay with that or not.

This and I'll had that it seems to last a minute. Just ordered some Gendarme EDP for a safe, lasting, fresh scent for office, etc.

Top Bottom