What's new

Shampoo bars almost ready! Who wants the first one?

Keep the suggestions coming. I am in the process of a citrus based shampoo bar. I did not have any intentions of making that next, but as I was saving my current recipe to my external hard drive I ran across a shampoo bar recipe my Mom had stored shortly before she passed. Something she never got around to trying. So the oils she had intended to mix up for her first crack at it, are now mixed and ready for the next round. An equal mixture of Pink Grapefruit, Lemon and Orange. If I were better at mixing the color, I would make them pink and offer them up in October for the auction, but I guess we will have to go with whatever color they come out. (Usually not very pretty).

I am headed out for a 5 day weekend to do some boating. To make up for being away, I will issue a 15% credit on all product orders placed Friday - Tuesday Sept 2nd. Shoot me an email so I know you saw this on B&B, I will issue credit when I return.

Have a safe holiday weekend!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
keep the suggestions coming. I am in the process of a citrus based shampoo bar. I did not have any intentions of making that next, but as i was saving my current recipe to my external hard drive i ran across a shampoo bar recipe my mom had stored shortly before she passed. Something she never got around to trying. So the oils she had intended to mix up for her first crack at it, are now mixed and ready for the next round. An equal mixture of pink grapefruit, lemon and orange. If i were better at mixing the color, i would make them pink and offer them up in october for the auction, but i guess we will have to go with whatever color they come out. (usually not very pretty).

mOUTSTANDING!!!

I received the shampoo bar last night and got to try it out this morning. I was suprised at how little I needed to use. I wasn't quite sure how to lather it considering i haven't used a shampoo bar before, but decided to rub it in my hair a few times. It very easily created an explosion of lather and seemed to work very well. I didn't feel the normal tea tree tingle but maybe that is from peppermint that is in other tea tree shampoo's I have used. The scent was nice and not overpowering. It will be really nice when other scents/combinations are available. As far as the performance, I have oily hair and so far it seems to be keeping that under control. I am hoping this also helps the dry/itchy scalp issues I have been having recently. I am very pleased with the first impression of it.

I also had a sample of SCS pipe tobacco shave soap that I have not used before and decided to break that out today. I smashed it in the bottom of an Old Spice mug and went to town with my B&B blue boar. It lathered quickly but I may have needed a little more load time as I didn't have as much soap on the brush as normal. I had enough lather for a 2 pass, which is my normal everyday shave now. The scent was reminiscent of Tabac from what I remember but it was stronger. I only used a sample though and it has been a while, so I may not be remembering clearly. It was a pleasant scent but not my typical citrus. If I didn't have an abudance of soap, I would be ordering a few samples to see what scents I like. Since that is not the case and I am in the Sept restaint, I will be waiting till Oct and probably checking out the New Spice scent since the description has peaked my interest.

Thank you Wendy for the chance to try this, I am always up for trying something new from B&B vendors/hobbyists!

I received the shampoo bar last night and got to try it out this morning. I was suprised at how little I needed to use. I wasn't quite sure how to lather it considering i haven't used a shampoo bar before, but decided to rub it in my hair a few times. It very easily created an explosion of lather and seemed to work very well. I didn't feel the normal tea tree tingle but maybe that is from peppermint that is in other tea tree shampoo's I have used. The scent was nice and not overpowering. It will be really nice when other scents/combinations are available. As far as the performance, I have oily hair and so far it seems to be keeping that under control. I am hoping this also helps the dry/itchy scalp issues I have been having recently. I am very pleased with the first impression of it.

I also had a sample of SCS pipe tobacco shave soap that I have not used before and decided to break that out today. I smashed it in the bottom of an Old Spice mug and went to town with my B&B blue boar. It lathered quickly but I may have needed a little more load time as I didn't have as much soap on the brush as normal. I had enough lather for a 2 pass, which is my normal everyday shave now. The scent was reminiscent of Tabac from what I remember but it was stronger. I only used a sample though and it has been a while, so I may not be remembering clearly. It was a pleasant scent but not my typical citrus. If I didn't have an abudance of soap, I would be ordering a few samples to see what scents I like. Since that is not the case and I am in the Sept restaint, I will be waiting till Oct and probably checking out the New Spice scent since the description has peaked my interest.

Thank you Wendy for the chance to try this, I am always up for trying something new from B&B vendors/hobbyists!

Thanks for the feedback. I wondered about the tingle as well. I tried the shampoo bar and didn't feel that. I figured it was because I have a massive amount of hair. I always feel it in my liquid shampoo but I always have it mixed with peppermint as well.

I will be curious how it feels on the scalp after a few uses. That recipe should help with scalp issues, Tea Tree is fabulous oil.

I will be waiting till Oct and probably checking out the New Spice scent since the description has peaked my interest.

New Spice is really nice. SCS soaps are at the Top of my list. Thanks for your review of the shampoo bar. I may have to try one next time I order.

Wendy,

I'm the one from whom Jeff (jhadsell1883) got the Pipe Tobacco sample. I actually got it from another B&B member, and I've posted a review of it somewhere but cant remember now where.

Anyhow, I didn't realize SCS was yours. That Pipe Tobacco scent is probably one of the top three scents I've come across. Well done. The lather wasn't quite as smooth as some others, but between the scent and the fact it's considerably less expensive than some challengers, it's a great soap.

OK, OK. Had to think hard. It's..... motor oil mixed with leather, gun powder, Cuban cigar with a hint of pine and a dash of soap.
Did I win?

I do have some of the shampoo bars still available. They are not on my site. I was selling quite a bit of them before I had the addition made to my site. I was afraid to have them listed in fear of running out. Any orders for the remaining bars I have will have to be invoiced.
They are 4oz bars $7.00 shipped or $5.00 if adding to an existing order. New batch is curing now. : )

Top Bottom