What's new

Fall Sports Memories

1980 World Series. Pete Rose catching the ball after Bob Boone muffed the pop up. Tug McGraw striking out Willie Wilson to end it, giving the Phillies their first World Series win ever.

I took my dad to an end of season Phillies game, 2006 I think. No chance of playoffs, but they suddenly decided to score double digit runs.
The picture I have of my father and my son sitting together is my favorite photo ever.

I took my dad to an end of season Phillies game, 2006 I think. No chance of playoffs, but they suddenly decided to score double digit runs.
The picture I have of my father and my son sitting together is my favorite photo ever.

Excellent memory!

One of my favorite Fall Sports Memories that I witnessed in person was back in November of 2002. I was visiting a good friend studying at the University of Illinois. Ohio State was playing them there this weekend. I'm sitting in the student section and it's myself and another buddy of mine who was originally from Toledo as the only Buckeye two fans in the middle of a sea of Illini. The Buckeyes won in overtime but the game was amazing incredibly close, our seats were in the 3rd row around the 30 yard line and coincidentally nearly all the action of the game and the entirety of the overtime took place right in front of us. My friend who I was visiting tragically passed away recently and the memory is tinged with sadness now, but still looking back at some of our glory days back then always gives me a smile.

Winning our HS District in Football in 1982 after being picked to finish last.
Beating our cross county Rival 3 years in a row and being the first SR class to do that since 1962.
Reggie Jackson and Catfish becoming Mr. October and winning the WS.

Top Bottom