What's new

inexpensive but good quality sun glasses

Legion

Staff member
My AO sunglasses finally arrived after the longest trip ever from the USA. I could have walk there and picked them up in that time.

They look pretty nice. I have yet to try them outside in the sun, but seem like good quality for the money, even with international postage.

You might have luck at your local Costco, I saw some top brands there a while back for really low prices. I took my my Brother in law there about 5 years back and he got virtually the same pair of Maui Jim sunglasses there for about $50 to $60 that I paid three times as much for at the local sunglasses place in the mall. The only negative was that he had limited color and style options. Maui Jim are by far hands down the best sunglasses I've ever owned.

One big difference between the AO's and the modern RE's is the nose pads. The AO's have a metal center that clips on, whereas the RE's are all rubber and press on. There is a difference in comfort as a result.

Legion

Staff member
Want a review David!

If I do, I might start a "things worth importing" thread in the GSL. These US guys all know about AO, I suspect, but I'd never heard of them until B&B. Neither had anyone in all the local sunglasses shops I tried to find them in.

Another recommendation for AO Aviators. I'm a recent convert, but my AO's are excellent quality. I appreciate the fact that AO's have glass lenses and are very reasonable - I spent about $50 for mine.

Big 5 frequently has sunglasses sales where $130 pairs can cost $20-30. They have Body Glove, Nike, Ray Ban, etc.

I have to second the Serengeti's best sunglass I've ever owned---the Drivers lens are great for all round

You can find then discounted a lot of times---Campmor--Eye Save etc...

IMHO they make the best quality lenses you can get. The glass is absolutely distortion free and the photochromic lenses work like a charm.

Top Bottom