What's new

merker 34c vs ej89

OK.. I am pretty well settle down with MWF, blades ( merker ) whipped dog brush, EJ 89 AND merker 34c. I already stocked up a pluck of MWF and waiting on B&M bay rum soap.
Been shaving with EJ89.. good shaver. until tonight tried the merker 34c.. wow tell ya there is a sight different in way of shaving. its more forgiving,, it really set you at 30 angle without guessing.. mild shaver unlike the ej which is a tad aggressive.
I will be using both.. one is will be in my travel case.
for the whipped dog brush.. best bang for your money.. damn good bush!

congrats on your growth.
this is a case of ymmv, many claim the merkur is more aggressive . I lobe my ej 89 but am looking at a slant, something more aggressive. And remember, as time goes on you will always be learning and finding new ways. 3 years later and I learned something new the other day. And started appreciating creams more. I was all soaps before.

Interesting. I also started out with a Merkur 34C and a DE89. I found the Merkur to be the more agressive of the two (in a good way). A bit later I acquired a Weber PH Bulldog, which in my experience was like a Merkur on steroids. All stainless steel construction and a reasonable price to boot!

Of course, then I got into vintage Gillettes, and I'm currently on a single edge binge, but that's another thread. :thumbup:

--Bob

Spidey, I did find merker34c is on drug.lol but it will be my travel shaver. While the ej89 going to my daily work horse. I started on the ej89 so it something I gotten use to. Unless I change my mind to flip around.
I will plan for next year to get another brush to replace my dad's brush which is settlemental peice of his past.

Both are pretty much the same razor as EJ just a slightly modified Merkur. Wait until you try an open comb for a real new experience :laugh:

One man's ***** cat is another man's tiger, I have found.

Blade choice, blade angle, prep, beard type, and skin type all play a part in the equation.

Spidey, I did find merker34c is on drug.lol but it will be my travel shaver. While the ej89 going to my daily work horse. I started on the ej89 so it something I gotten use to. Unless I change my mind to flip around.
I will plan for next year to get another brush to replace my dad's brush which is settlemental peice of his past.

I would get a silver tip brush, worth the money.

Top Bottom