What's new

Springfield XDS and XDM. Am I the only person in love?

I had to surrender dad's lightweight commander a few months ago when I moved but needed a reliable handgun. Found a brand new M on a tax free weekend and got it (I had been wanting one since they came out). It shoots wonderfully for me. Got a little gad going and tried the Sig 227as a rental. I was really disappointed. Then I got a great deal on an S. Now I have the big and little, both in 45, and couldn't be happier. I am constantly surprised at how well the little S does at 20 yards.

I even rented an M&P the other day to less than fruitful results.

I have a XDM in 9MM and it is a joy to shoot and carry, I currently reload with 4.2gr of TG with a 124 JHP from Hornady and I am quite sure it will do what it needs to do, double taps are fairly close and controlled pairs are even better.

My daily carry is an XDS in 9MM. Nice and slim, and shoots pretty nice for a subcompact. I'd like to get a full-size XD for a nightstand gun at some point.

I think the neat thing about the xds is that the 9 and 45 are the same size. If you haven't shot an xdm, I highly suggest it. The 45 has about the same recoil as my sister-in-law's Sig 2022 in 9mm.

I typically carry a sig p226 9mm and love it. Tack driver for a sidearm. The XDM 9, however holds a special place I. My heart. I don't own one , but it's at the top of the list for the next purchase. Feels great in the hand, safety features are great, and it's slim and lightweight with a massive capacity. Simply love it!

I have a pair of XDs in 9mm at the house, one for me and one for the wifey. It's definitely my favorite 9mm in its size. I tried the Shield, EMP and a few others and settled on the XDs. It's comfortable to hold, easy to carry IWB and shoots like a dream. I traded a Glock 23 for it and never looked back. I got to toy around with a friend's long frame XD (M, I believe?) in .45 and it was a blast. It's recoil felt about like my XDs, maybe a little less, and I've never had less trouble blowing out the center of the target. Before the mag was empty, it looked like I was missing because the rounds were passing through the same hole. I'm not bad with a gun, but I'm no sniper. I've never shot as accurately as I did with that gun and a lot of credit goes to the gun.

Top Bottom