What's new

light box for simple pics

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you & your families. I am wanting to hear your thoughts in purchasing an inexpensive light box for simple SOTD pics for a simple point & shoot camera. Also... where is a reputable place to purchase one as this will be my very 1st light box. Thanks in advance.

WARHAWK

There are hundreds of pages on the net about building your own. A simple medium sized cardboard box lined with white printer paper and large windows cut out will work just as well as a $50 kit. The light bulbs are the only thing you really need to pay attention to. Daylight balanced bulbs is very important (5000° K). The fixture and diffusers are far less important.

Save your money for cool stuff to put in the light box.

There are hundreds of pages on the net about building your own. A simple medium sized cardboard box lined with white printer paper and large windows cut out will work just as well as a $50 kit. The light bulbs are the only thing you really need to pay attention to. Daylight balanced bulbs is very important (5000° K). The fixture and diffusers are far less important.

Save your money for cool stuff to put in the light box.

Fantastic advice there. I built my own light tent with spare parts and I imagine a box would be even less work.

Something like:
http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent

Hi Xander & Sean: Thanks for the responses. I will have to make a box next month when I have more free time.

WARHAWK

Top Bottom