What's new

Best shave of my life...& Battle W/ ebay

My first expirence with straight razor shaving was a rough one. I figured that would order a cheap razor to make sure i liked it before committing to anything pricy. So I went on ebay and bought some piece of S*#t razor and strop for 30 bucks. I was just having no luck with it.

It was then I made to comitment...
(I already had a quality soap and brush from AOS)

I bought a beautiful dovo 5/8 tortise razor, made quite a dent in my wallet but it was worth it.

My shave was substantially better, but just wasn't quite that BBS I was hoping for. I have a norton 4000/8000 honeing stone but i decied that wasnt enough.

So further I went, Thanks to the great reviews on the Chinese 12K water stone I bought one along with a quality strop and diamond paste. Since my inital strop was worthless I used it along with the .5 micron diamond paste.

After about an half an hour of honing and stropping I was holding what had to be the sharpest thing ever thats ever layed in my hand. And another 30 minutes later... utter smoothness :)

Moral of the story, Invest in quality products rather than taking the cheap route. You'll save money in the long run because you won't be buying two of everything.

-Austin

Top Bottom