What's new

Soaps that are great Autumn.

[FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp]A couple from Mama Bear that I like for Autumn - Frankincense and Myrrh, Ye Olde Barbershoppe, Gingerbread (not on her list now, possibly discontinued), Phoenix Rising.
[/FONT]

Another I just thought of. Last year B&M released a Fall seasonal scent called Nocturn. Not sure if they are doing it again this year or not though. If they do it will probably come out around the end of September.

They have released a schedule and Nocturne is definitely returning, along with a new scent call Leviathan which sound pretty nice as well. Here is the link to the schedule.

Great thread. I would suggest:

- Queen Charlote Esquire, Rose Otto, Celestial Woods
- Mike's Vetiver, Rose & Cedarwood
- Barrister and Mann :Cheshire, Vetiver, Heather Clary Sarge
- Mamma Bear Eucalyptus

and many more .....

Gravy and bourbon! Now THAT'S a scent for fall.

But I live in seasonless Southern California, where it hasn't rained in years. The past six months have been 78 degrees here at the beach. Sunny and clear. Every day. No, I am not complaining, but there certainly is no meteorological reason for me to change shaving scents.

Me, too!

:001_cool: (there's a reason for the sunglasses!)

Don't forget Synergy Pum'kin 3.14 (if they're doing it again). If they aren't, you can have a chunk of mine. Autumn is my favorite season, too!

+1 to Ciderhouse. No scent better captured the fall than this did to me. Unfortunately I was one of the irritated unlucky few. But I gladly resold it to someone. Great great scent.

Mikes Vetiver definitely does it for me in the fall as well. Looking forward to trying something new this year. Subscribed.

Old Spice is another scent that will always scream autumn to me...just one of the things I remember my Dad wearing in the fall

TOBS Sandalwood; Ogallala Bayrum and Sandalwood, Tabac, Salter French Vetiver (for the latter: only if you're a daring man of course!).

Autumn is my favorite season here in Ohio and this will be my first since returning to the wet-shaving fold. I'm really interested in your suggestions! Thanks for the topic!

I'm still new, so I don't have specific soaps to suggest, at least not yet. However, I think warm, woodsy scents would be great during the season. Sandalwood, lavender, etc.

+1. I very much agree with this statement, as do most of the others based on their selections.

Summer scents are usually open and airy, light and sometimes citrus in nature. This reflects our desires to be outside in the warmth and sunshine, and the outdoors. Hence citrus and menthol blends, and of course, The Beach.

Winter scents tend to be heavier, cozier, more earthy and spicy, reminding us of the warmth of hearth and home, of family, and the harvest. Enter in scents that are "tighter" to us, like Old Spice, Tabac, woods and spices.

Transitioning from Winter to Summer we want greener scents, ones that reflect the renewal and rebirth we experience around us, florals start to make an appearance, and from Summer to Winter we start looking for those scents that reflect the downward spiral back into Winter, earthier scents and harvest smells, oak moss, apple cider, and pumpkin.

Now obviously this doesn't apply to all, but it does seem to reflect the thoughts of the people who have posted as well as the scent profiles from the Scent Off from Sharpologist last year.

Great thread! I love Mama Bear's Autumn Lodge. I also go to a lot of woodsy scents, primarily DRH Marlborough (during Marlboroughvember). I also got Mystic Waters Pumpkin, which is a terrific scent. Those will be my three primary soaps, and my other wood soaps will be thrown in (plus I saw a few Tabac recommendations, so I will try to work that in this year as well).

Nice warm scuttle of QCS mysore sandalwood after an early morning fall run. One of my favorite ways to start a day.

St Charles Pumpkin. It sort of smells like spicy pumpkin bread right out of the oven.

I've never heard of this soap. I would love to hear opinions on how it performs. Maybe this will be my go to slightly chilly morning soap. I also think RazoRock Mudder Focker might have the kind of rich, slightly earthy scent that would be really appealing when the leaves start to change. I'll probably want to set aside the citrusy XXX for the colder months.

What do people think of Mudder Focker?

Mudder Focker is one I plan on enjoying this fall between a SCS pumpkin and probably a tallow AOS sandalwood. The MF smells amazing! Rich and deep type of scent. I think it will be a great fall and winter option

I've never heard of this soap. I would love to hear opinions on how it performs. Maybe this will be my go to slightly chilly morning soap. I also think RazoRock Mudder Focker might have the kind of rich, slightly earthy scent that would be really appealing when the leaves start to change. I'll probably want to set aside the citrusy XXX for the colder months.

What do people think of Mudder Focker?

SCS soaps are great performers. There are a ton of varieties on their website as well.

Top Bottom