What's new

Best socks?

I have these Mr Davis undershirts and they are fantastic.

All kinds of fantastic.

I'd give you a link, but it would get me discounts and stuff, and the mods might come running with hammers that are also grenade launchers.

proxy.php

Now I want socks. All my socks have become old and inelastic. They've had a good multi-year run, unlike cheap Fruit of the Loom stuff from WalMart that lasts 2 weeks before it gets holes, so I need socks.

Perhaps I should stick with these Injinji "Smart Wool" socks, but they're so expensive. Individual toes in socks makes an incredible difference, as does a more open weave in the summer and a dense woolen weave for winter.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Gold Toe. You can find them on sale at JC Penney sometimes for buy one get one 50% off. JC Penney typically always has a coupon on their website that you can use as well.

I always bought Hanes or Fruit of the Loom. They would never last.

These Gold Toe socks are darn comfortable and are holding up nicely.
http://www.goldtoe.com

I'm a golfer and have found that Footjoy makes the best socks I've ever tried. They're a little thicker than Gold Toe but have superb wear, comfort, and elastic.

I use Injinji toe socks for running in Newton Gravity running shoes, but for everything else, smart wool socks. The smart wool socks were a game changer for me. Super comfortable, incredible wicking/insulating properties, etc. They're not cheap - but just like a pair of fine welted shoes, they pay off in the long run. The additional cost is offset by the longevity, superior comfort and improved foot health (warms when cold, wicks moisture when hot).

Call be Mr. Holmes - but before you discuss the topic (RE: the title) of this thread, you randomly mention a pitch for a shirt, mention you have a financial tie, then you throw a dig at the mods, and end the first part of your post with a random picture that's not applicable to the thread. What's the deal, and why the random shirt pitch? If you like the shirt, tell us about it, but do so with quality content we'll all love to read. Take some pics of the shirts, maybe one with you wearing this special shirt VS a standard shirt, then show/explain why they're better than XYZ, what you like about them, etc.

RE: your sock question-
I use Injinji toe socks for running in Newton Gravity running shoes, but for everything else, no toe socks - the smart wool standard socks dress and casual lines. The smart wool socks were a game changer for me. Super comfortable, incredible wicking/insulating properties, etc. They're not cheap - but just like a pair of fine welted shoes, they pay off in the long run. The additional cost is offset by the longevity, superior comfort and improved foot health (warms when cold, wicks moisture when hot).

Call be Mr. Holmes - but before you discuss the topic (RE: the title) of this thread, you randomly mention a pitch for a shirt, mention you have a financial tie, then you throw a dig at the mods, and end the first part of your post with a random picture that's not applicable to the thread.

Well life wouldn't be as enjoyable if it were so dry, now would it?

http://mrdavis.com?ref=53cbc832a8e1990200000004

They're bamboo-derived viscose rayon with 4% spandex. They're cut to a good fit, stretchy, soft, smooth, fluffy, and all-around comfortable.

Why no toe socks for casual dress? I find toe socks improve the wicking between the toes, so feel better than non-toe socks. In fact... gonna swap those into my carry bag for after I get out of the isolation tank tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

I wonder if the Footjoy and Gold Toe come in a wool-type fabric. I doubt bamboo viscose would hold up as a sock; bamboo fiber might. (Then you have bamboo viscose blends with bamboo fiber to provide strength and durability to an ultra-soft, absorbent fabric that just isn't elastic enough... I wish.)

How long do your socks normally last? Are yall not wearing shoes or something?
I got socks from Hanes and Fruit of the loom that are probably older than 6 or 7 yrs and the elastic is still holding up.

a wool, or wool-silk blend are my go to socks. for all occasions. working out to black tie, and everything in between.

you get what you pay for.

a wool, or wool-silk blend are my go to socks. for all occasions. working out to black tie, and everything in between.

you get what you pay for.

Indeed. I wear a merino wool blend for my work socks, summer or winter. I have thicker ones that I wear during the winter, but I also have a pair of red wings half a size larger to accommodate them, so there isn't an issue with them being too tight.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I use Injinji toe socks for running in Newton Gravity running shoes, but for everything else, smart wool socks. The smart wool socks were a game changer for me.

Smartwool makes toe socks too, by the way.

Recently purchased some Nordstrom Egyptian Cotton over-the-calf dress socks which are very nice. I like athletic socks by Swiftwick.

Top Bottom