What's new

The Underappreciated Schick Krona

Just got mine today, I loaded up an Astra Sp blade, Some Razorock Don Marco, my Omega Boar Brush. I LOVED IT!!!! I thought it was amazing, I have very sensitive skin and I felt ZERO!!!!! irritation afterwards, and BBS shave after three passes. I will reach for this more often then my slim or fat tech.

Had my first shave with my Krona. Nice and comfortable razor. I still prefer
my Techs, so the Krona will go on BST next Saturday. I'll ask what I paid for it.

$IMG_2182.JPG $IMG_2187.JPG

Last edited:
Just ordered a used metal tip Krona off of EBay today, waiting to try it. We will see which razor shaves better on my legs, the Krona or my 1957 Ball End Tech!

Krona's use to get a lot of play at B&B, not so much any more. Its a shame because Kronas were better shavers for my face than Slims or SuperSpeeds.

I read a lot about the Krona and decided to give one a try recently. Mine has the black knob and Schick/Krona on the doors. I have only used it a few times. I found it to be mild and effective. Really like it so far and will keep it in my rotation.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I'm using a Schick Krona this week for the first time. I like the razor but I am using Gillette Silver Blues for the first time also and I am finding a bit of razor burn. There is some sting with the alum block after the third pass. My first time with both and only the second shave today so I can't judge either yet.

It may be the extra handle length that I like about the Krona. I know I love the balance and weight. Regardless of the blade used I find it to be a very efficient razor while being very comfortable.

I have heard it recommended as a beginner razor. However, IMHO, a razor that does the job this well is for everybody regardless of skill.

Here is a thread I found some time back when researching the Schick Krona, Schick Krona

Snapped this up at an garage sale last week for 3 bucks. It was covered in petrified shave goo, and not seeing anything besides the grey handle to differentiate it from a standard-issue Krona, I figured that's what it was. A bit of cleaning revealed the eagle logo and the Eversharp branding. I'll assume, until corrected, that it originally had endcaps that went AWOL. It seems to shave just like a Krona -- smooth as buttermilk! Anyone else have one of these?

eversharp3.JPG eversharp2.JPG eversharp1.JPG

I used my silver tipped Krona all of last week, and have no interest in swapping it out yet. The Nacet is a perfect match for it.

The shape of the doors makes it easy to find the correct shaving angle and the aggressiveness is just right for me. I've seen a mod where someone put the Krona doors on a Slim. And then there is the mythical adjustable Krona, a unicorn. As much as I like my vintage Gillettes, I think the Krona is a perfect beginner and every day razor for most people.

The shape of the doors makes it easy to find the correct shaving angle and the aggressiveness is just right for me. I've seen a mod where someone put the Krona doors on a Slim. And then there is the mythical adjustable Krona, a unicorn. As much as I like my vintage Gillettes, I think the Krona is a perfect beginner and every day razor for most people.

For me the Krona tapering long handle is a significant part of the design genius.

Bump for the Krona. Pulled mine out from storage and gave it a shave. Haven't used mine in a long time, forgot how little blade feel there is. DFS in a quick two pass, smooth irritation free shave.

Top Bottom