What's new

Preparation H or Hydrocortisone Cream on the your face?

So I was talking with some guys from work about razor bumps. One of the guys suggested using hydrocortisone cream on the bumps. He said it worked for him. He also said that he had heard, although he said he never tried, that using Preparation H will help reduce razor bumps.

I get some bad ingrown hairs. Like really really bad. As a result it looks like I have a bad rash around my adam's apple.

What do you guys think?

I would be cautious about smearing hydrocortisone or any steroid, for that matter, on my face. Have you tried alum? Some have found that it helps.

Never tried it myself either, but I do remember Conan O'Brian saying that he uses Preparation H under his eyes to reduce the bags.

Little dubious of the Prep H on face. If so would advise using a new tube. Think over the counter cortisone preps are okay for the face...they are pretty weak

Well according to wikipedia, Preparation H comes in several different formulae. You could wind up putting anything from witch hazel to hydrocortisone on your face, depending on the formula. Read your labels, i guess.

Surely Hydrocortisone may heal your bumps, but if I had very bad bumps on my face and frequently I would not use often: I'd go to a dermatologist. Some bacteria and viruses like very much cortisone.

It might be important sterilize brush and razor.

I never would use Preparation H: it' s too fatty! And then somebody might say that my face and my... are the same for me!!

Guys, when you have a medical problem, don't ask your friends but talk with your doctor, ça va sans dire...

Put some alcohol based aftershave over the area. I do that when I get a razor bump, it drys it out quick and heals faster. I heard about putting PH on your face but not razor bumps. Regardless I'd have to be pretty desperate to even consider it. The best thing is to give it a few days to heal rather then trying to shave it again unless your work forces you to.

:eek: I'd be careful about this idea.

If something like

Proraso H for shaving your butt

came on the market,

I'd be on it like stink

But my face is - particular.
:biggrin:

From what I have heard, the Prep H story used to be true, but the formula in the US no longer has the same ingredients. Some non-US versions do. If you're in the US, I would keep it where it belongs.

I would use a cortisone cream very infrequently. There should be no problem with Preparation H, except it is so heavily greasy. It would definitely do a great job on razor burn, though.

Tim

Top Bottom