What's new

How high are you?

How is it hanging? I have read all over about mounting a hanging strop, just not much on the hieght. I was informed that I may not be stropping evenly (level). So I was looking for a more precise measurement. Subjective, yes , but need to find a place to start. Right now mine is hanging 40inch or so. Thanks

Belt level - and that's different for everyone.

However, mine is slightly higher because I found a good place. I think it was Doc that recommended the door hinge so I pulled the pin out a little bit and used that.

Wow man........

I stick mine on the middle door hinge in the shave cathedral. Perfect height

proxy.php

proxy.php

My hook is the height of my sternum. For a while I thought it was too high, but I didn't care enough to move it. Now I think that if I had it to do over, I would mount it exactly the same.

That's me, too. Don't want to leave the strop in the bathroom all the time. I keep it in my closet, clip in for stropping, then clip out.

I don't leave mine up but I just clip the leather lanyard onto the towel rack. Works well.

Mine is mounted in a cabinet where we keep our towels. The shelves are set back slightly from the door so there is enough space for the strop to hang between the two. It's about belt height, maybe a little lower. Works great and stays out of sight which keeps SWMBO happy.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Belt high for me. That's how I was taught, but the main thing is that you are comfortable with whatever height you choose.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
That's me, too. Don't want to leave the strop in the bathroom all the time. I keep it in my closet, clip in for stropping, then clip out.

I leave mine in the closet, I am a closet stropper. Set at 43", it is a walk in, mounted next to my wife's shoe rack.

Top Bottom