What's new

Feather AS-D2 just came today!

I would like to see a comparison between the Tradere SB and the Feather SS D2. I had a D1 and was not impressed with the shave, although the build quality was great. I really like the Tradere SB, so much that it is becoming my Go To DE razor. (when I don't use an Artist Club) It isn't quite as close as the Progress or Futur, but almost and much more forgiving.

I understand that the D2 is a bit more aggressive. Does it still require a steeper angle (handle closer to 90 degs) than a Tradere?

Is it really worth the money?

Very emphatically yes. Since I got mine (about 3 months ago), I've pretty much stopped using anything else, and my RAD completely went away. It's like a Gillette Tech, if a Gilette Tech were manufactured by Tiffany or Faberge. Shaves like a dream with whatever blade I put in, from Feathers to those Chinese counterfeit Gillette Blue blades.

Congratulations. The ASD2 is part of my regular rotation, and IMO it's a truly fine piece. Posting it with a picture of your Tradere however, is a cruel tease. :glare:

Very emphatically yes. Since I got mine (about 3 months ago), I've pretty much stopped using anything else, and my RAD completely went away. It's like a Gillette Tech, if a Gilette Tech were manufactured by Tiffany or Faberge. Shaves like a dream with whatever blade I put in, from Feathers to those Chinese counterfeit Gillette Blue blades.

What is RAD?

BTW, just ordered it. I was able to try and convince myself not to order one for almost 12 hours, it isn't a record but I am proud...

Seki Edge probably refers to the city Feather razors are manufactured in. You are buying from Amazon. ..

Seki Edge is an importer of personal grooming products located in California. They're also known as Jatai International/ Seki Edge.
They sell many Japanese products, like items from Feather's line up, which not only includes shaving razors and blades, but also Feather Kaiden and Switchblade hair styling and cutting shears, nail clippers and equipment from other Japanese manufacturers, such as Chef knives, tweezers and Fuji perm end paper.

So if you see something on Amazon that says Seki Edge or Jatai International, it means that it was either imported by or manufactured for them and they're selling through Amazon, as well as their own webstores.

BTW, just ordered it. I was able to try and convince myself not to order one for almost 12 hours, it isn't a record but I am proud...

Atta boy welcome to the club. The sun is about to start shinning!

Congratulations. The ASD2 is part of my regular rotation, and IMO it's a truly fine piece. Posting it with a picture of your Tradere however, is a cruel tease. :glare:

Haha sorry pal it just is one of my favourite looking razors period. Love the look!

Feather AS-D2 with a Feather blade is my favorite combination. I do have other razors in a rotation, but I'm finding I enjoy the Feather/Feather combination as my favorite.

Paired with a good sharp blade - I like PolSilver SI, Gillette Platinum and GSB (except for the glue megablobs) and will be trying Perma Sharp soon) and it is a wonderful razor. I have paired down the rotation to 2 razors - the AS-D2 and a Tech that I picked up for travel. My Slim, Fatboy and Schick Golden 500 are very lonely, and will probably be looking for a new home soon.

I loved my first shave with it. I used a Feather blade and those have always been harsh on me. I am going to try a GSB I'm it tomorrow. I bet I will like it better as I have been loving GSB and PSI blades in all my razors

Excellent razor. Use it often! It has some issues if you have really thick/coarse patches in your beard, but definitely gives an extremely smooth shave. Congrats!

My Feather AS D2 with stand post came today, but unfortunately I have not seen him, I have to wait until I get home from work. I look forward to tomorrow's first shave with it.

Top Bottom