What's new

Reccommend me a bulk pipe tobacco

Looking for something that doesn't break the bank, that I can smoke as a regular go-to, and is available at Pipes&Cigars or similar online place.
In general, I like aromatics. Faves being Peterson Connoisseur's Choice, Sutliffe Maple Street and Tobacco Galleria Nightcap. (kind of berry infused, totally different than the Dunhill Nightcap). I also like Frog Morton Cellar.

recommendations?

Stokkebye and Lane have some very good bulk tobaccos. You could buy samples of a few that sound good to you.

Cellar is really nice.
I would contact your supplier and ask them for an ounce of a bulk that's like cellar. If you like it buy a pound from them. Keep it in several sealed glass jars (buy a flat of pint mason jars) and only open one jar at a time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
8 oz of Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader runs under $40- not bad at all. In fact, when you buy in bulk most pipe tobacco is pretty cheap.

I wish we had your prices up here. I would need to remortgage the house if I wanted to buy in bulk here.

If you like Frog Morton; these two arent exact matches, but they are close and very enjoyable in their own right:

1) McClelland #5110 Dark English: this is slightly more robust than FM, but still in the moderate-to-full realm of english blends.

2) McClelland #5125 Coyote Classic: In my opinion, this is closest thing to a bulk FM Original. It is easily an all day smoke, with just enough latakia to push it towards a english blend. I really like this blend and it was the first "pound" that I purchased.

Both of these are readily available and I find them to be affordable. Both Pipes & Cigars and Smoking Pipes have 20% off sales on McClelland tobaccos fairly regularly, which makes these excellent values

I have heard, but have NO clue if it's true, that delta mojo by big star cigar is similiar to cellar. Might be worth ordering a sample and giving a try.

Last edited:
Thanks to DavidB, who kindly sent me a sample of Lane LL-7, I can now add that to my list.

Compared to the Lane 1-Q, LL-7 is a a little sweeter and has a nice smoky caramel hint to it. The 1-Q to me has kind of a dried fruit, raisin essence to it.

Top Bottom