What's new

Newbie from Carbondale, IL

I decided to take up DE shaving since I can no longer afford the expensive cartridges from the store. I haven't started yet, still waiting on items to arrive in the mail, and will have to order the rest next month. I have to go the cheap route. From everything I've been reading, I'm making the right choice. I just hope I don't have to spend a lot of money finding the right combo of items.

Hey, brother! Welcome to B&B! I'm a new guy also and can assure you that the fellas around here will guide you in the right direction. What kind of gear did you order?

I had to find a cheap razor, so I got the Weishi 9306-F; though I kind of wish I would have went with the RazoRock Mission but just found out about it. I also order a few different blade sample packs, and I got some Proraso shaving cream. When I get paid I'm going to order a badger brush and bowl. If I can afford it I will also get a stand for my razor and brush.

Not impressive at all I know, but you gotta start somewhere. When I have the means I will get more and upgrade.

Hello and welcome to B&B, Blayzn. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome to B&B from a fellow newbie and Illinoisian. Once you start I promise you will never look back to cartridges again. Everyone here is extremely helpful so dont be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome to B&B. While you are waiting for your gear to arrive it would be a good time to review the wealth of material on B&B. A good starting point is here. Also, take a look at the wiki and stickies. The info on pre-shave prep and lather will help you to get a good start.

And as always, if you have any questions, just ask. :001_smile

Welcome to B&B! While we all joke about our acquisition disorders leading to excessive shave costs, you can definitely save money if you stick with a quality product that isn't too expensive. If you want to try a little of everything or get into collecting razors, then you'll spend more, but have an enjoyable hobby. Do whatever fits your budget.

I decided to take up DE shaving since I can no longer afford the expensive cartridges from the store. I haven't started yet, still waiting on items to arrive in the mail, and will have to order the rest next month. I have to go the cheap route. From everything I've been reading, I'm making the right choice. I just hope I don't have to spend a lot of money finding the right combo of items.
You won't. I'm on a budget too, stuff like Arko is cheap and performs awesome, blades can be had $10 for 100, on weekends I use my "splurge" soaps like cella ($10) and TOBS ($15), indulgent for me and I love it!

Welcome and glad you joined B&B. Look around your local area and you can likely pick up a vintage Gillette for a small $ amount. I am always on the lookout for garage sales, flea markets, etc. Have fun and lather up!

Top Bottom