What's new

Safe places to buy cologne?

I am not sure if this has been asked or not, but does anyone know any reliable websites where I can buy cologne? I have been told amazon, ebay, and fragancenet.com? However as I did research i see that there is possibility I buy a fake or fraud cologne? Is that true or only a myth that people sell fake?

I rather not buy it from macys and ect. just because the price is obviously going to be higher. I was hoping someone here have any advice or opinions? Have you ever bought from ebay or fragrancenet or any other site?

P.s. Im trying to buy me a bottle of Versace Eros.

Last edited:
Easiest to just avoid eBay... not worth the risk, unless you're experienced and know what to look for.

Amazon at $50.59 with free shipping looks very slightly cheaper than FragranceNet. I'm comfortable buying on Amazon, as long as it's actually FROM Amazon. You'll want yo make sure it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" on the page when you add it to your cart.

Parfum1 and Beauty Encounter are good, inexpensive web sites for full bottles. Beauty Encounter carries Versace Eros. There are a host of good sites, depending on what you are looking for. Oddly, the official Chanel site is the least expensive place for Chanel that I have found.

Depends on the frag. I order Creed, Penhaligons and Floris directly from them, this way I know I am getting what I ordered.

Parfum1 and Beauty Encounter are good, inexpensive web sites for full bottles. Beauty Encounter carries Versace Eros. There are a host of good sites, depending on what you are looking for. Oddly, the official Chanel site is the least expensive place for Chanel that I have found.

I will have to try those sites out and compare with Amazon!

If anyone knows any other sites that are safe and they have used please let me know! You will be helping out a fellow gentleman!

Fragrance net, lucky scent are already mentioned and good sources. Chanel is best to buy direct and also high end Dior is also ok direct. For samples I trust surrender to chance. I avoid eBay except for a few trusted sellers for vintage frags.

Easiest to just avoid eBay... not worth the risk, unless you're experienced and know what to look for.

Amazon at $50.59 with free shipping looks very slightly cheaper than FragranceNet. I'm comfortable buying on Amazon, as long as it's actually FROM Amazon. You'll want yo make sure it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" on the page when you add it to your cart.

Whats the difference from ebay and Amazon? I always thought they were the same thing? Does Amazon not have fake colognes?

Fragrance net, lucky scent are already mentioned and good sources. Chanel is best to buy direct and also high end Dior is also ok direct. For samples I trust surrender to chance. I avoid eBay except for a few trusted sellers for vintage frags.

I heard that fragrancenet sells old colgones that are stale and that have lost thier scent? Is that true or are all thier colognes authentic?

As a very broad and general rule...avoid eBay. The percentage of fakes is simply too high unless you're a real gambler.

If walmart carries it, it will be cheaper. I wait until after Christmas time and get the gift sets of perfume for my wife, when they are on sale, she gets more of it and its cheaper than just buying a single bottle of dept store prices.

Yes she does gripe because she has nothing to unwrap on Christmas, but the $15 i save makes it worth it.

I heard that fragrancenet sells old colgones that are stale and that have lost thier scent? Is that true or are all thier colognes authentic?

I've heard that as well but I've ordered from them a few times and have had a pretty good experience.

I'm much more of a cologne collector at this point than even a shave person :). I've had luck with fragrance.net, amazon beauty encounters, perfumania, & scentmonkey. They are all safe to order from. I've also had success on ebay (but you have to be VERY careful). I found a a generally very expensive at this point YSL M7 (tester) that was authentic and pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Whats the difference from ebay and Amazon? I always thought they were the same thing? Does Amazon not have fake colognes?

eBay is generally individuals, with some small online eBay only businesses. Amazon either stocks the product and sells themselves, or has contract with another business. The odds of getting a fake through Amazon are pretty slim. And if you did, I'm sure they would honor a return.

i have bought through Amazon. If they are not the supplier, they do tell you the name of the vendor who will be supplying.

I would avoid eBay myself. I'm all for thrift and bargain hunting, but with eBay when something looks to good to be true, there's often a reason.

I've had success buying from Fragrance net, Fragrance ex, Amazon, even Walgreens, over 10 years.

Never any question as to Authenticity.

Last edited:

No offense but you seem to be "hearing" a lot of misinformation.

Maybe stick to dept stores.

eBay is generally individuals, with some small online eBay only businesses. Amazon either stocks the product and sells themselves, or has contract with another business. The odds of getting a fake through Amazon are pretty slim. And if you did, I'm sure they would honor a return.

i have bought through Amazon. If they are not the supplier, they do tell you the name of the vendor who will be supplying.

I would avoid eBay myself. I'm all for thrift and bargain hunting, but with eBay when something looks to good to be true, there's often a reason.

Im going to end up buying from amazon themselves, seems legit and a good price! I feel more safer now and I think from now on Amazon will be my place to go shopping.

Im going to end up buying from amazon themselves, seems legit and a good price! I feel more safer now and I think from now on Amazon will be my place to go shopping.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Be aware Beck, especially if new to fragrances, there is a lot talk by fragrance people on the net about stale, expired and fakes.

often, if someone's experience of a scent isn't what they expected, there can be a tendency to think they got a fake or expired bottle, especially if they bought from someplace other than mainstream department stores. Fragrances don't expire that quickly, and most of the frag sites mentioned in here all deal with legit products.

Top Bottom