What's new

What are the differences in the Schick Injector Models?

Can someone give their pics of the different Schick injectors made, and the pros and cons of each. I have no experience with them, and would like to decide on which one to purchase. Thanks.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Generally, The older models are more "aggressive" starting with early E and gradually get "milder" to the later O. All are excellent razors and easy to use. Mine are all HydroMagics which allow you to open a lever to flush out debris then close close the lever before changing the blade; They are mid-range.
Check out "THE Injector Razor Thread".

Last edited:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408750548.429939.jpg

I'm partial to the L2 Stick Schick. ;-)

Candidly, I don't notice much difference in aggressiveness among the several models. Differing lengths and shapes of handles, for sure, but for me they shave pretty much the same. And they're great shavers all.

In fact, I think an injector may well be the easiest transition razor for those leaving cartridge razors behind.

Anyway, my advice to the OP would be to just find Schick model that strikes his fancy and go for it.

I am not afraid of aggressive. I was just needing to know what the majority of you Schick users use, or recommend. I usually use a Gillette Fat Boy but now and then I will use a Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor, or whatever strikes my fancy that Sunday.

View attachment 486768

I'm partial to the L2 Stick Schick. ;-)

Candidly, I don't notice much difference in aggressiveness among the several models. Differing lengths and shapes of handles, for sure, but for me they shave pretty much the same. And they're great shavers all.

In fact, I think an injector may well be the easiest transition razor for those leaving cartridge razors behind.

Anyway, my advice to the OP would be to just find Schick model that strikes his fancy and go for it.

Are there gear patterns shown on the ball, Jim?

Well, I just bought two injectors, this week. I bought an I-1 at an antique mall for $8, and it cleaned up well, a littler plating loss and a little spotting on the front face. Looks good though. I just received a G-1 in the mail, that I won on eBay for $6.50. I cleaned it up and it looks brand new, no scratches, no discoloration, fading, or plate loss. The only problem is that I haven't any blades. Does any store sell them?. I ordered some last week, on Amazon, and they are dragging their feet.
Which should I start with? It will be my first injector shave.

Last edited:
Depending on where you live, there may be a mom-and-pop store that carries them, but you would have to look hard. They are available on the auction site, from Amazon, and from Walgreen on-line (but no longer in the stores).

Regarding which razor to start with, there's not a lot of difference between the Type G and the Type I. The main difference is cosmetic. Use whichever one appeals to you.

I bought the Personna blades from Connaught in the UK (about a week to get to Canada). Is anyone able to compare the Personna blades to the Schick blades? Is there much difference?

Oh, no. The wife is already checking them out. That's how I lost my Gillette Black Beauty, before the first shave.

I bought the Personna blades from Connaught in the UK (about a week to get to Canada). Is anyone able to compare the Personna blades to the Schick blades? Is there much difference?

I have both, I bought the Chicks at Well.ca, but have only tried the Personna so far. I'll let you know when I have a change but I think that the general consensus is that they are pretty much the same in terms of quality and feel.

I think some people give the slight nod to the Chicks, but I've used both and have gotten great shaves from either. I've never pushed a blade past 7 uses though, it's possible the Chicks could last longer (and they certainly come in a nicer injector if nothing else).

Top Bottom