What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Honing this was a dream. The ivory scales were done very nicely and match the heft of the blade. This razor took one of the best edges I've produced to date and the alum and as splash resulted in ZERO burn/sting/anything.
You do remember the part where you have to send it back right?

Arrived a few days ago:
proxy.php

arrived yesterday:
proxy.php

NOS. Now I've got to wait while I send it off to get honed. #firstworldproblems

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414110789997.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414110789997.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 333
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1414110801564.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414110801564.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 333
Soon to arrive: (My 8/8 custom with Spalted Wood Scales) from (Artisan Scott at Portland Razor Co). He sent me pictures during the manufacturing process. I can't wait to shave with this beauty. He is a gentlemen and a man of his word. Contact him ASAP before the word gets out and the prices increase.

$p942250577-6.jpg

$p892471079-6.jpg

$p973609687-6.jpg

$p852860335-6.jpg

$p807633777-6.jpg

Soon to arrive: (My 8/8 custom with Spalted Wood Scales) from (Artisan Scott at Portland Razor Co). He sent me pictures during the manufacturing process. I can't wait to shave with this beauty. He is a gentlemen and a man of his word. Contact him ASAP before the word gets out and the prices increase.

View attachment 511064

View attachment 511065

View attachment 511066

View attachment 511067

View attachment 511068

im in love with these scales. fantastic work.

D Edwards ( maker of luxury boxes in London) Razors look VERY Sheffield.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Geo Savage XX Masonic 8/8. It's a heavy beast, even heavier than my 9/8 Greaves Masonic.
proxy.php

Older Taylor Eye Witness "The Oxford Razor". Honed it and it took a sweet edge. It's going to be in rotation regularly.
proxy.php

Interesting old Lockwood Brothers 7/8 with a funky tang. Honed it yesterday and it's a sweet shaver.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Got another 5 lbs of razors in a box. Have yet to sort the wheat from the chaff.

More fun when you buy 'em by the pound.

That is a HELL of a catch!

D Edwards ( maker of luxury boxes in London) Razors look VERY Sheffield.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Geo Savage XX Masonic 8/8. It's a heavy beast, even heavier than my 9/8 Greaves Masonic.
proxy.php

Older Taylor Eye Witness "The Oxford Razor". Honed it and it took a sweet edge. It's going to be in rotation regularly.
proxy.php

Interesting old Lockwood Brothers 7/8 with a funky tang. Honed it yesterday and it's a sweet shaver.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Got another 5 lbs of razors in a box. Have yet to sort the wheat from the chaff.

More fun when you buy 'em by the pound.

Thanks Gents,

I forgot this little feller. Was trying to get an edge on it today. It's a PITA but it's getting there.
proxy.php

Just marked WARRANTED
proxy.php

Had a few warts to contend with and some rust on the edge.
proxy.php

That was blob of rust. Never seen it act like that before. Had to knock it loose with a dremel and drum sander. It would not pop loose by any other methods I've used in the past.

Nothing real fancy and certainly not expensive but this is my very first, got it here from Buca and I wanted to try something new besides another DE/SE razor without spending to much and all I can say is I think I could be easily addicted

View attachment 512162

Top Bottom