What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Swish! I had a Borlange made Bengall near wedge for a while - nice easy razor to hone and gave a nice easy shave.

$image.jpg
I found this Peerless on the wild for a decent but not amazing price. It's my second straight. The blade is a lot thinner than my W&B so it will be interesting to see the difference. Although I am terrible at shaving with a straight, I'll hopefully get better. Seemed to be in great shape except the initials carved into the attic scales, so not a huge concern. I found the Fatboy at the same time for a really good price and couldn't turn it down.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 193
This is my first true straight razor purchase, only $5. I hope that it can be made usable. It was buried in a bag full of razors at an antique store. To my untrained eye, It looks to be. The scales have some scuffs but no cracks.
Tang markings: GENEVA CUTLERY CO. GENEVA N.y. USA
over : Our Formula "VANADIUM" trade-steel-mark
$shavette 001.jpg$shavette 002.jpg

This is my first true straight razor purchase, only $5. I hope that it can be made usable.

Yeah, it looks fine ... just hone up and enjoy. They don't all have to be perfectly clean and shiny, in fact, it's the mucky, gnarly ones I like the best. Have fun!

Looks very much like the one I have - (mine has quite a bit of hone wear too)

If you can find someone to hone it up for you it should shave well.

This is my first true straight razor purchase, only $5. I hope that it can be made usable. It was buried in a bag full of razors at an antique store. To my untrained eye, It looks to be. The scales have some scuffs but no cracks.
Tang markings: GENEVA CUTLERY CO. GENEVA N.y. USA
over : Our Formula "VANADIUM" trade-steel-mark
View attachment 560147View attachment 560148

Thanks, I wanted one so bad after seeing yours!
Now the search for a Galetea Especial like Mango's.

Last edited:
I was very careful, wore gloves, two sets, one for each colour, made sure my living room didn't turn a redder shade of scarlet, or a greener shade of viridian. Still need to be careful, the prepared-leather is still... "wet"

I do really like the look of that 8/8. If you by chance haven´t used CrOx and FeO before, please be very careful. It is dust that easily will colour everything with pretty much unremovable stains. Personlly I use the oil I use for my razor to bind the stuff before applying it to balsa.

Top Bottom