What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

timwcic

"Look what I found"
A pussycat followed me home from the fleamarket this weekend. One of my snowbird Pickers had a Puma 75 in close to shave ready condition. Even had its original cat house.

$IMG_0313.jpg
$IMG_0314.jpg

[MENTION=73661]timwcic[/MENTION]
I've never seen a wooden case like that for a straight razor. What's inside? Is it simply wood? I really like that idea.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
[MENTION=73661]timwcic[/MENTION]
I've never seen a wooden case like that for a straight razor. What's inside? Is it simply wood? I really like that idea.

They do look like wood, but the ones I have are all plastic. They do look good.

$IMG_0319.jpg

$IMG_0317.jpg

$IMG_0318.jpg

I asked that gentleman from Maine to restore that razor. He came back with "it doesn't need restoration". He cleaned, polished and honed it to perfection. I've enjoyed every shave with that little blade.

I'm guessing that a gentleman from Standish Maine restored that Genco?

Keep hunting Brother, don't want to get used to the full wallet feeling.

Hahaha...so true Tim....at this point im running out of room in my razor storage box fast....the wife is already thinking she might have to add a drawer to the bottom...gotta love a wife who can make custom cabinets and supports ones crazy obsessions.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
My local knife shop guy called me and told me of about 70 straights he had for me to look at. Quite a few very nice old Sheffield and a smattering of Barber Supply 6/8 full hollow spike points. Out of the bunch I chose one unique marque that I've never owned but know of their reputation. I would have liked to have purchased about a dozen or so as he had some lesser known Sheffield cutlers.

In the end I stayed within reason but did pick up a nice vintage PUMA two blade folder to upgrade my daily carry. I didn't bargain much with him on the two items because he has treated me well over the last few years and he is a vital connection in the quality knife mkt. Photos to follow later.

Top Bottom