What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

MK31, looks like it has a little hone wear on the toe, hopefully it'll shave well.
proxy.php
Sellers photo...

So you're the one who outbid me while I was in a meeting at work! :laugh: Congrats.

I made up for it though. Picked this one up through a BIN....

$s-l1600.jpg
(Sellers photo)
A nice little Shark.

So you're the one who outbid me while I was in a meeting at work! :laugh: Congrats.

I made up for it though. Picked this one up through a BIN....

View attachment 707812
(Sellers photo)
A nice little Shark.

Very nice score!!

Funny you should mention about being outbid by a fellow member....i often wonder how many of us cost each other lots of money by bidding against each other for the same razor....lol.

Very nice score!!

Funny you should mention about being outbid by a fellow member....i often wonder how many of us cost each other lots of money by bidding against each other for the same razor....lol.

I don't want to count the dollars hiked because of one another. LOL

I've been a victim to push things up to someone's max bid costing them 50% more for a few after I stopped.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
A rare buy for me these days, a user grade Ed. Wusthof Tridente 1933. Scales are warped and cracked at pivot, the inlay might be missing an inside color trim piece, blade is solid but has some oxidation. The jimping is superb. I wanted to try this fairly well regarded maker and so I added it to my austere den.
$imageedit_118_6501007892.jpg$wust6.jpg$wust8.jpg$wust3.jpg$wust5.jpg

Legion

Staff member
A rare buy for me these days, a user grade Ed. Wusthof Tridente 1933. Scales are warped and cracked at pivot, the inlay might be missing an inside color trim piece, blade is solid but has some oxidation. The jimping is superb. I wanted to try this fairly well regarded maker and so I added it to my austere den.
View attachment 707840View attachment 707841View attachment 707842View attachment 707843View attachment 707844

That is beneath you. Send it to me, and I will see that it never bothers you again.

Got an incredible deal in the 99.8% NOS Blue Diamond 105 by S.R. Droescher Garwood, N.J., but Made in Germany. It looks like it was never honed. The only reason I say 99.8% NOS is because it has a couple of tiny spots of rust on the edge... I also scored a Gillette Sheraton and two great Schick Injectors. It's been a good day. Forgot to mention found in the wild!
proxy.php
proxy.php

I also built my first light box to upgrade my Photography!

Last edited:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Got an incredible deal in the 99.8% NOS Blue Diamond 105 by S.R. Droescher Garwood, N.J., but Made in Germany. It looks like it was never honed.

Droescher is a fantastic razor....the spike point on yours is delicious (please don't blunt it)

Thumbs up on the light box...I have been meaning to try one out but I take pics of the same old razor over and over so my quality can suffer no problem.

Again...the SR Droescher is very well thought of by some of my old barber friends...full hollow, spike, sings on a strop like none other! Enjoy.

Does any one know the manufacturing dates for Klas Tornblom razors? Not to mention any other details about the razors, the company, etc... I have found almost nothing about the company or the brand.

I have found a handful of people who have his blades. But again, no details other than the razors seem to work well.

[MENTION=85745]Polarbeard[/MENTION] is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to swedish razors...Tornblom, Heljestrand, Jernbolaget, Dahlgren, E.A. Berg amongst others...I'm sure he'll be along and give an answer.

Top Bottom