What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

proxy.php

Metal scales 6/8. I like metal scales.

No idea if it's modern or vintage, but it's heavy, well made, in good condition and bloomin' keen!

Only razors I've seen with that sword are ERN razors.... What's on the back of the tang

I am not at home till the 24th. So, i cant look up right now. But i thought there was nothing on the other side of the tang.
This is all to it. 202, Paroso, Stamboul & sword.

I like the straight. But has quiet some hone wear and i am still not finished setting the bevel.

I am not at home till the 24th. So, i cant look up right now. But i thought there was nothing on the other side of the tang.
This is all to it. 202, Paroso, Stamboul & sword.

I like the straight. But has quiet some hone wear and i am still not finished setting the bevel.
I've looked at it. My first thought was ERN, but then there's something that tells me that it isn't.

View attachment 580033
Found this one recently.
Anybody knows something about this Paraso with Stamboul and sword etching/ engraving on the blade?

Found it ... It's a solingen razor made by PAul ROsenkaimer SOlingen

Like MODOSO, paroso is a shortening of the company name

Stamboul is an old name for Istanbul thus the Turkish sword

Edit: the company is still around today:

http://www.worldknives.com/info/linder-solingen-germany-carl-linder-nachf-60.html

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434595939.471365.jpg

Looks like he operated in the same borough of solingen at the same time as ern so the sword was either to piggyback on their fame or as a direct competition to them probably made before they bought the Linder name... But that's a guess... But if so this razor was made between 1922 and 1939

Last edited:
Found it ... It's a solingen razor made by PAul ROsenkaimer SOlingen

Like MODOSO, paroso is a shortening of the company name

Stamboul is an old name for Istanbul thus the Turkish sword

Edit: the company is still around today:

http://www.worldknives.com/info/linder-solingen-germany-carl-linder-nachf-60.html

View attachment 580246

Looks like he operated in the same borough of solingen at the same time as ern so the sword was either to piggyback on their fame or as a direct competition to them probably made before they bought the Linder name... But that's a guess... But if so this razor was made between 1922 and 1939
It's nice to be right once in a while. [emoji2]

Found at local 'brocante', I bought it mostly (15E) out of nostalgia since Antibes is written on the tang and I have such great souvenirs of my time here. I'll still need to make new scales for it since its broken on one side:$uploadfromtaptalk1434664035931.jpg

Found at local 'brocante', I bought it mostly (15E) out of nostalgia since Antibes is written on the tang and I have such great souvenirs of my time here. I'll still need to make new scales for it since its broken on one side:View attachment 580432

Nothing better than a razor of personal significance ... New scales shouldn't be a problem for a man of ur talents..

Definitely :) I will have to get at it again, I think its been about a year since my last rescale!

It's been a while with me... My last apt said I could no longer use power tools in my apartment... I just got done moving out of there and now am setting up a workshop on my new porch... The porch is huge!

It's been a while with me... My last apt said I could no longer use power tools in my apartment... I just got done moving out of there and now am setting up a workshop on my new porch... The porch is huge!
Haha similar situation here, but i think I've found some sort of collaborative workplace locally where you have access to some tools and room to do whatever you want. Just gotta find the time now :)

Haha similar situation here, but i think I've found some sort of collaborative workplace locally where you have access to some tools and room to do whatever you want. Just gotta find the time now :)
I'm looking forward to see the results. I have no doubts that this razor will become as beautiful as your other razors.

I have the great advantage of having my own basement workshop. I'm very grateful to have it. Even so I've just recently discovered Dremel. I guess that is because Dremel isn't the perfect tool for furniture making. I've found the Dremel Moto saw and the Dremel drill stand to be excellent precision tools. If I liked the Gold Dollar razors more than I do I'd have my Dremel tools doing all sorts of things out of them, but of course not as nice things like some of you manage to do.

Polarbeard, you can start using the dremel it cut up all your Hejis.
God idea. As soon as I'm so sober after the Swedish Midsummer celebrations that I at least can stand up I'll immediately start modifying all the MK32 I can get my hands on[emoji2] . I'll try to make them look like GD 66.

I'm looking forward to see the results. I have no doubts that this razor will become as beautiful as your other razors.

I have the great advantage of having my own basement workshop. I'm very grateful to have it. Even so I've just recently discovered Dremel. I guess that is because Dremel isn't the perfect tool for furniture making. I've found the Dremel Moto saw and the Dremel drill stand to be excellent precision tools. If I liked the Gold Dollar razors more than I do I'd have my Dremel tools doing all sorts of things out of them, but of course not as nice things like some of you manage to do.
You'd be surprised how easy it is with a little patience! The key is not rushing the whole process. The dremel sure is a key tool though, it was all I used before I got a belt sander :)

$20150621_153056.jpg
$20150621_153137.jpg

My last four purchases.
I paid 40 bucks for the cream handled Weber. The rest were 20 bucks or less.

The Wade and Butcher came without scales. I don't think the sycamore scales I made look right on it, but I'm going to shave with it a few times before I resale it.

I'm starting to run out of room. I've been straight shaving for less than two years, and collecting the whole time. It's nearly time to thin out some of the ones I just don't like.

Top Bottom