What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

A couple of weeks ago I saw this ad: Nice Vintage Heljestrand Shoulder-less Swedish Straight Razor 5/8 Barbers Notch $75. It was for this razor:
View attachment 696337
When it returned from honing I just put it away with out much thought until today when I pulled her out to shave with. There was something very, very familiar about this razor. Then it hit me! This is an unmarked MK16! Look at the comparison:
View attachment 696339
View attachment 696340
An amazing find indeed! Excuse the oil on the 16.

Oh so cool!! Dan my friend i think you have horse shoes "you know where" ....lol....

Nice Dan, very similar grind to this Klas Tornblom I snagged. This razor is going to be my learning razor for getting it cleaned up and starting my journey into honing.
proxy.php

Another fresh arrival today....protection oil still on blade from very deligent previous owner... Filarmonica 13...my first Spanish blade and only razor in my collection so far with white or bone colored scales.$20161018_205007.jpg

No. I don't have it in hand, yet, but I'm sure it's some form of plastic. I like the shape of the blade, though.

Yes, me too. I'm coming around to this type of razor since seeing one or something similar on a daily basis. The drawback for me is the size and probably not easy to hone because of it. What drew me to this one, if it is the one I'm thinking, is the faux tortoise and the shape of the scales. Congrats she's a beauty.

~Royce

T
Here's another pretty little razor from @shave_rat 's neck of the woods. Robeson Cutlery, more Finger Lakes steel!
View attachment 697097
Larry you know that I like razors like this one a lot. Dave [MENTION=83598]GolFisHunt[/MENTION] helped me find one very similar some time ago. The scales on your razor are from the 1920's and I'm pretty sure that they are original. A very fine razor congratulations.

I don't buy many razors these days, and I try to be very selective when I do. Even so I couldn't help myself when my eye caught this NOS Kron-Punkt with beautiful engraving (not etching). My guess is that it is made sometime between 1920 and 1939. I find it to be very special.

$IMG_20161022_160416.jpg

Top Bottom