What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Boker the celebrated with custom scales $FullSizeRender.jpg

Today's deliveries ...

Feather blades:
proxy.php

... which fit into this razor very well indeed!
proxy.php

... which, if you catch in just the right light (HDR'd to show the effect) ...
proxy.php

... is a FEATHER Custom Razor :D

I also got a John Doe 5/8 Frameback:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I need to change out the scales. The wedge end is trashed. I am very happy to have one of these and not have it be reground.

Got this in the mail today. A gorgeous Original Schulze SR. I've seen a couple online with similar blades but none with these scales. I love it. It's in quite good shape I say. A little bit of tlc and it should really shine.
$DSC09975.jpg

$DSC09976.jpg

$DSC09979.jpg

$DSC09982.jpg

$DSC09984.jpg

That is beautiful. Too pretty for me though; I shave too sloppy to ever hope to keep a razor like that so pretty. lol

Had this in a different thread but will post it here. Pick this up off the bay the other day. Getting it shave ready.

Attachments

• $IMG_20141220_122225488_HDR.jpg
    $IMG_20141220_122225488_HDR.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 184
So, this chunky fellow arrived for me today. A nice John Heiffor Sheffield razor that's just got a little bit of hollow to it, it's pretty close to a wedge, but not quite.

Couldn't resist taping the back of it and spending a good deal of time sharpening it up.. One layer of tape on the spine
and it took a little effort, but it's nice and sharp now.

$IMG_0070.jpg
$IMG_0071.jpg
$IMG_0072.jpg$IMG_0075.jpg$IMG_0076.jpg

I tried to find this thread before posting this in it's own thread, but I could not find it.

I got this razor recently. Perfect throwback to the era of my birth and early childhood. This will go into my rotation, it has been retired long enough.

Thanks for looking!

I picked this up a few days ago, It is known as C-MON Microtome for preparing histology slides. It is full hollow ground on facing side, and the rear is flat or full wedge.

I do not know how this was intended to be beveled. The back side (flat) does have a small bevel on it. I am thinking about honing it up and shaving with it as is. Perhaps 2 to 3 layers of tape on the back and one on the front. Then see how it works. It almost makes sense to me if it were intended to be a chisel grind with a bevel on the front only.

I would appreciate any information anyone has on these, and if you know of any that are in shaving use.

Top Bottom