What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

$IMG_0153.jpg

Warranted Razor, Sheffield England. A majorly ugly duckling. Resto/customize in progress.

$IMG_0163.jpg

From a near wedge to just about a true wedge. Just to get the edge to actually touch the stones. That and a few shape changes.

Just got news that my two newest razors are finished by Ulrik
proxy.php

7/8" full hollow double shoulder, inspired by the famous #14 blades. This one has a satin finish on the hollow ground and a polished forgestructure on the tang. The outlines are mirrorpolished. The scales are made of golden dragon Juma.

proxy.php

6/8" full hollow. This one has a satin finish on the hollow ground and a polished forgestructure on the tang. The outlines are mirrorpolished. The scales are made of white snake Juma.

proxy.php

I picked up a Luxor Pro shavette. I like it. The safety tabs cover the corners, and the shave was quick and easy. This just might become my goto razor.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
A find at Wednesday's flea market, a later W&B in NOS or low mileage condition. Guessing it is close to the end of production, the jimps are unevenly cut and the stamping is less than stellar. Blade is 11/16 and hollow ground. Looks that a critter had a snack of the coffin.

$IMG_0400.jpg

$IMG_0401.jpg

$IMG_0402.jpg

Last edited:
Been learning to shave on a Dovo shavette and yesterday I picked up my very first straight. It's a Taylor's Eye Witness 6/8 that came in a Blue Wonder box.
Aside from the logo and where it was made there's not much else that indicates age to me.
Perhaps one of you learned gentlemen could shed a little more light on it?
I'll be doing a resto on it and using it.
$IMG_7575.jpg
$IMG_7576.jpg

Been learning to shave on a Dovo shavette and yesterday I picked up my very first straight. It's a Taylor's Eye Witness 6/8 that came in a Blue Wonder box.
Aside from the logo and where it was made there's not much else that indicates age to me.
Perhaps one of you learned gentlemen could shed a little more light on it?
I'll be doing a resto on it and using it.
View attachment 719724
View attachment 719726

Dating the razor is difficult, could be from the early 1900's through to the 1930's. I have 2 similar to yours and they are wonderful shavers :thumbup: I have a 2 pin like yours and a 3 pin with the mid scale stop between the scales which came first ??

Found this one at a flea market this morning. Another H.M. Christiansen... Warranted, Brockton, MA, 13/16s, round point...

Fake, not faux (This is a US blade.) ivory scales that are in almost perfect shape. Stamped with an N or a Z. Haven't got a clue as to what that refers to.

Information on HMC razors is greatly appreciated.

$20170128_093138.jpg

$20170128_093208.jpg

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
My annual visit to the Gator Cutlery Show in Lakeland Florida today has yielded one purchase so far, a DORKO "Extra Special" in Mother of Pearl and Abalone. Still hunting. If you guys are in the Central Florida area the show runs today and tomorrow. Some quick iPhone pics.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 59
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 63
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 62
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg