What's new

Soapy Bathman

Used Soapy Bathman, Spring Orchard for the first time today. Didn't test lather, went straight into using it for today's shave, and it didn't disappoint.

Soap cost CAD20.00 plus shipping for 250ml. Plastic jar was full.

The soap itself seems $uploadfromtaptalk1408587168357.jpg like it is relatively hard. I pressed my finger down into the soap and it didn't make a dent like some other soaps. Smelled good. I like the lemongrass scent in the soap, balanced out by the other scents.

Lathered up easily with my Omega 10066. Face lathered with no problem. The lather was thick, dense, and slick. The feeling of the lather is similar to Stirling. Had a very nice sheen. When I pressed it between my first fingers and hands it didn't dissipate at all, could feel how protective the lather would be.

Two pass shave today. Blade glided over my face easily. After each pass I would feel my face and there was some residual slickness left. I didn't try to blade buff or an ATG pass today. Just a WTG and XTG.

This is a serious artisan soap, and I think it is worth trying. This is made in Canada (Langley, BC).

Included in the shipment were samples of Crisp Bay Rum, Just Bananas, and Smoky Bacon. Looking forward to trying out these samples.

Last edited:
I ordered the "Just Bananas" scent from the HTGAM store. It should have arrived today by mail, but I'm still waiting. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

From the soapybathman website (I had a hard time reading the ingredient list on the label):

"Ingredients:

Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Sodium Castorate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Cocoate, Lanolin Cera,Bentonite, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Castorate, Potassium Tallowate, Potassium Cocoate, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus.
(Lemongrass) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Sucrose, Lac, Menthol, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil"

Thanks for the post, I have not heard of it before so its always good to read about new stuff. Im intruiged about the smokey bacon scent , let us know how that is.

I just emailed these folks to see if I can drop by to look and buy rather than pay to have it shipped. I work in Langley and would love to have a local source I can touch, see, and smell!

I just emailed these folks to see if I can drop by to look and buy rather than pay to have it shipped. I work in Langley and would love to have a local source I can touch, see, and smell!

Chris is a member here, and he may pop into this thread at some point, but if you want to try sending him a pm his nick is soapywater.

Top Bottom