What's new

harbor freight 3" grinder/buffer

I know a few of you guys have one of these. I was in HF today and saw one but no replacement buffing pads. What do you use for replacement? They are cotton so are they washable?

Sure thing :thumbup: and please help me explain to the Mrs. Why I bought a $30 disposable buffer to clean up my $15 yard sale razor.

Caswell plating is where I have always bought my buffing supplies. They have just about anything you could need.

Lol. Yep. I don't even go there unless I need something. I've had to convince myself many times I don't need one of those Baldor buffers.

Buy good wheels, from a known buffing distributor especially if you are using greaseless. Caswells has it all at comparable prices, you can not go wrong with them.

You will be glad you did, unless it's a one off, but buffing is addicting, Caswells also has a great tutorial on their website.

So I "somehow" just found myself at harbor freight and picked one of these up. Look forward to having some scales to polish up with it. Will report back

I just picked up 6 inch grinders and a pack of 3 wheels for 60 buck. I think hf is too costly for the quality they offer. the 3 wheels u pu there just dicenergrated after buffing 2 blades. I got a ryobi from home depot . its taking longer than a 8 inch wheels bet it gets the job done. the sistle does a good job on rust pits.

I'm glad to say, so far most of my HF experience has been the opposite. The belt sander, drill press, and rotary tool have done everything I've needed from them (this may be the key part of the equation) for less than half the price of name brand equivalents (especially with waiting for things to go on sale then bringing with a 20%off coupon). You do have to be careful in picking what to get there and some of the tools need some work to get them set up well.

also, I only plan to use the mini buffer for final polish of blades and scales, and maybe grinding the heels off gold dollars.

Top Bottom