What's new

coaches and mlb managers wearing pullovers? It's 95 down here

I have always wondered why do college coaches and major league baseball managers wear lightweight jackets during the summer. I can understand the Sanfrancisco Giants wearing pullovers during a night game. Since the temps often drop off to the 60's at night. Here in the deep south the temps are in the mid 90's during the day. Then at night, around 77 or so. Who wants to wear a pullover? So hopefully all you can help me out with an explanation?

It's because they're all superstitious. One time 5 years ago they wore they're "lucky" pullover and had a miraculous win. If they keep wearing the pullover, the same thing will happen (never mind that the data don't support that conclusion, but let's not let the facts get in the way)

It's because they're all superstitious. One time 5 years ago they wore they're "lucky" pullover and had a miraculous win. If they keep wearing the pullover, the same thing will happen (never mind that the data don't support that conclusion, but let's not let the facts get in the way)

Its also important to never wash it...ever!

I cannot speak about today but back in the 1980s I had a friend that worked for the Houston Astros owner on his ranch. All summer he would wear the Astros jacket, I finally asked him how he could wear it in 90+ temps. He explained it looked heavy but was lighter than a t-shirt but in the evening was as warm as any other jacket he had. Today they call the material wicking or something. Anyway that's all I know about them, I am sure they have come a long way since the 1980s.

Top Bottom