What's new

I just got a new Muhle R41 2013 and...

A manual with 22 pages of warnings, dangers and cautions in compliance with ISO 3864-2. How did my parents and grandparents generations ever survive without such warnings? $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408571734.918895.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408571746.553232.jpgOh that's right, they didn't...

Don't get cocky now….that razor will show you who's boss if you aren't respectful ;)

Good point. I haven't used it yet but I dutifully read all the warnings. I'll bet it is one of the few personal care products that contains the warning "Improper use can cause serious or fatal injury."

Ok, shaving with the Merkur 34c tonight!

T

I have no experience with the '13 r41 but I have a '11 and although we aren't the best of friends we are on even terms haha. Still bites me now and again.

I have just the head and it's one of my favorite razors paired with my ikon bulldog handle. It is very agressive and one should be careful when shaving with it. I didn't get all the literature with the head, looking at this they may require a background check for the next version.

I have just the head and it's one of my favorite razors paired with my ikon bulldog handle. It is very agressive and one should be careful when shaving with it. I didn't get all the literature with the head, looking at this they may require a background check for the next version.
That's the same setup I have with the R41...Love the weight of the Bulldog handle. It's a great shaver.

What gets me is that you can ship an r41 internationally but not aftershave.

That means aftershave is even more deadly than the r41!

Love it! I have an Ikon bulldog handle arriving tomorrow, so I am going to bite the bullet and try the R41. Hopefully I won't eat the bullet;-). Seriously, I often shave with my granddad's OC WW1 Gillette, and I expect to survive! Life is no fun without adventures...

Answer: The same way we made it through childhood without bike helmets, car seat belts (yes, I'm old enough to say that), padding in the playground, etc.

Answer: The same way we made it through childhood without bike helmets, car seat belts (yes, I'm old enough to say that), padding in the playground, etc.

Or childproof latches and safety bottle caps... which actually are forms of natural selection against the very brightest and resourceful of children.

They only give that manual to folks who need it. Mine didn't have one . . . :001_cool:
Same here, and I only bought it in March.
I approached this baby with great trepidation for the first few shaves. It is a beauty and once I got comfortable (but not complacent) with it, I haven't looked back. I ditched all my other razors.
I'm reminded periodically of who's boss, but it's less-and-less seldom.
Worst case was a nick to the chin - the only nick in 4-5 months. Other than that some light weepers earlier on from time-to-time that mostly stop misbehaving with the cold rinse. I'd say 90%+ of the time I get no weepers and a BBS shave that has me faceturbating for hours.
I haven't used styptic stick for weeks. If they ever release another version like they did from 2011--> 2013, I'll be buying it immediately.

Top Bottom