What's new

Aramis shaving soap with tallow - anyone tried it?

Hi there,

Just curious if anyone has tried Aramis shave soap of the vintage variety, with an ingredient list on the box indicating "sodium tallowate" first.

If so, how does it perform?

I like the Aramis scent in a retro sort of way (nice and spicy!), but am hesitant to purchase the current formulation - which lacks tallow, as I understand it.

Any input or feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks!

-Alex

I was under the impression this has been discontinued for some time, but perhaps I am wrong. Anyway, I have tried the tallow version of the soap. Overall I would say its decent. To be brief, if you love the scent then chances are you will enjoy the soap. The performance does not distract at all from the sensory experience, although it is not spectacular enough to warrant chasing it for performance alone.

Any idea where I may be able to purchase one?

Every time I've looked they have been available on ebay, thats probably worth checking. Once you have 50 posts you can post a WTB in the BST section. That is usually quite successful in pulling all kinds of rarities from the woodworks.

I was under the impression this has been discontinued for some time, but perhaps I am wrong. Anyway, I have tried the tallow version of the soap. Overall I would say its decent. To be brief, if you love the scent then chances are you will enjoy the soap. The performance does not distract at all from the sensory experience, although it is not spectacular enough to warrant chasing it for performance alone.

Appreciate your detailed feedback, Nick! Thanks!

Every time I've looked they have been available on ebay, thats probably worth checking. Once you have 50 posts you can post a WTB in the BST section. That is usually quite successful in pulling all kinds of rarities from the woodworks.

Thanks for the info. My dads a big fan of Aramis and I would like to surprise him with something a little different for his bday. It's hard to think if something to buy a guy who has everything!

Thanks for the info. My dads a big fan of Aramis and I would like to surprise him with something a little different for his bday. It's hard to think if something to buy a guy who has everything!

Another one you might want to think about is Ralph Lauren Safari. The ones floating around are getting up there in age, but luckily the soaps were so heavily scented when they were made that they are still almost overwhelming, in a good way.

I have used the current formulation and find it is an excellent performing soap. I have stocked up from Macy's @ $14 for 2 pucks. I have 12 now. I will always have this soap for its performance; glide and cushion and the heavenly scent. I rate it as a buy.

Top Bottom