What's new

Lost a Friend

This last Sunday I lost a good friend to colon cancer. He was/is a great man, we met at work 3 years ago. And 2 months into the project he advised me he had terminal cancer, and had been fighting already for a couple of years. He was told he had 6 months and he made it 4 years roughly. We had an agreement I was never to treat him like he was sick. He was much older than me, myself 25 him 54. I learned so much from this man about life, and he gave great advice as I welcomed my first son into the world this last February. He stopped treatment about 3 months ago, and never showed his pain but I knew the time was coming close. How does this relate... well he convinced me to turn in the fusion for a DE, he wasn't an internet man but he knew a quality shave, and taught me well. Thursday is the funeral and I will be loading his favorite blade persona made in USA and will be lathering up a Williams bar of soap. This shave is for him, my friend, and my prep is starting tonight, I know this will be the best shave to date, and hope I can make it through the funeral.

RIP J.W. until we meet again, and may God bless your family in these hard times.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My friend, my eyes are shiny after this touching thread. Shaving in the proper way as your dear friend taught you is a good way to honour his memory. Thank you for sharing, Sir.

Hi Cvargo, your post is touching to me, my own father used Williams until he died in 2008. He was old school, never had a beard.

Sounds like your friend will always be remembered by you especially in the shaving area of your life. He is not gone in that sense, part of

him lives on..... and I'll bet he knows that too.

Respectfully,

John H.

This last Sunday I lost a good friend to colon cancer. He was/is a great man, we met at work 3 years ago. And 2 months into the project he advised me he had terminal cancer, and had been fighting already for a couple of years. He was told he had 6 months and he made it 4 years roughly. We had an agreement I was never to treat him like he was sick. He was much older than me, myself 25 him 54. I learned so much from this man about life, and he gave great advice as I welcomed my first son into the world this last February. He stopped treatment about 3 months ago, and never showed his pain but I knew the time was coming close. How does this relate... well he convinced me to turn in the fusion for a DE, he wasn't an internet man but he knew a quality shave, and taught me well. Thursday is the funeral and I will be loading his favorite blade persona made in USA and will be lathering up a Williams bar of soap. This shave is for him, my friend, and my prep is starting tonight, I know this will be the best shave to date, and hope I can make it through the funeral.

RIP J.W. until we meet again, and may God bless your family in these hard times.

cvargo i'm sorry for your loss brother

I'm sorry for you loss. At least you had the opportunity to learn from a great and wise man. Not that many out there anymore and to have been friends with one must have been an honor. My prayers go out you and his family.

I think one of the greatest things that marks the quality of a man is the impact that he has on the lives of others. It sounds like your friend was a great man indeed.

I am sorry for your loss, but I am also pleased that you have the memory and the experience of your time together which will always enrich your days.

So sorry for your loss. Just be thankful that you had an opportunity to meet, work closely with, and learn from this gentleman. You can honor his memory by living by the lessons you learned from him. That will keep a part of him alive forever.

My eyes are a little teary eyed as well after reading your message. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. From your writing he was important part of your life who you will miss dearly. You have my deepest condolences at the passing of your good friend.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The pain will diminish with time but what he shared with you will always be a part of you. May God Bless all of you and keep you strong.

As Marco said, you made my eyes shiny.

You honor J.W. with your heartfelt post and future shaves.

Many of us are lucky to have encountered people in our life who bless us with the lessons we need (even though we don't always know that we need them). You'll also honor him in future years when you are in certain situations and will find yourself thinking, how would J.W. handle this?

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Cvargo. It sounds like he was a great friend and you were wise enough to recognize it.

Thank you all for the kind words. He truly is a great man. I only knew him a few years but you never know when someone is going to have an influence on your life. TY B&B for being such a great community

Top Bottom