What's new

Marco

Dear B&B,

It is with great joy I report about my meeting with Marco in Rome on August 2, 2014. It is my sense, that our B&B personalities, avatars, etc... are crafted as a projection. From my perspective, Marco's online persona was the essence of gentility, respect, and kindness. For me, his on-line creation was the essence of what a gentleman was expected to be. So the two of us met, in the shadow of the Spanish Steps in the Eternal City, and it was one of the most affirming experiences of my time abroad, indeed, of my life. For here was a man who was exactly as he was in the ether, sincere, upright, kind, thoughtful, extraordinary. We had most excellent coffee and chatted about our passion, wet shaving; our greater passion: our families, wives, children, lives. Real lives. We exchanged gifts and went home with back packs heavy with goodies. Marco has nearly 14,500 posts. He writes thoughtfully and with great insight and experience. He also greets every new member with a warm welcome! This is what characterizes this wonderful man. I appreciate he is a legend on Badger and Blade. There is good reason. He is an extraordinary person, and I am blessed to have met him, to have shared our lives. A dear friend. Until we meet again in Brooklyn, or Rome. Yours always, Darjeeling (Joe)

It takes a gentleman to recognize another.

Thanks for the report. In a world of strife, it's good to hear about some international good karma.

That's a great report. It never ceases to amaze me how the internet can connect each of us to a wealth of information at our fingertips and also allow us to meet, transact with, and get to people from around the world. all without ever leaving our own homes.

I realize I'm new here and most likely have no business chiming in on this thread. This, given that I am unfamiliar with either party to this point. But, upon reading the initial entry, I just wanted to comment on what a well written, genuine, and heartfelt post I found it to be. To be held in such high regard would - for any man - be a life well lived. To both gentlemen surrounding this post; kudos to the each of you.

I realize I'm new here and most likely have no business chiming in on this thread. This, given that I am unfamiliar with either party to this point. But, upon reading the initial entry, I just wanted to comment on what a well written, genuine, and heartfelt post I found it to be. To be held in such high regard would - for any man - be a life well lived. To both gentlemen surrounding this post; kudos to the each of you.
You have all the right to comment and that was a very good one. [emoji106]

Great post!

I wish I was more thoughtful and reticent.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Dear B&B,

It is with great joy I report about my meeting with Marco in Rome on August 2, 2014. It is my sense, that our B&B personalities, avatars, etc... are crafted as a projection. From my perspective, Marco's online persona was the essence of gentility, respect, and kindness. For me, his on-line creation was the essence of what a gentleman was expected to be. So the two of us met, in the shadow of the Spanish Steps in the Eternal City, and it was one of the most affirming experiences of my time abroad, indeed, of my life. For here was a man who was exactly as he was in the ether, sincere, upright, kind, thoughtful, extraordinary. We had most excellent coffee and chatted about our passion, wet shaving; our greater passion: our families, wives, children, lives. Real lives. We exchanged gifts and went home with back packs heavy with goodies. Marco has nearly 14,500 posts. He writes thoughtfully and with great insight and experience. He also greets every new member with a warm welcome! This is what characterizes this wonderful man. I appreciate he is a legend on Badger and Blade. There is good reason. He is an extraordinary person, and I am blessed to have met him, to have shared our lives. A dear friend. Until we meet again in Brooklyn, or Rome. Yours always, Darjeeling (Joe)

Joe,

The pleasure has all been mine. YOU are a great Gentleman, a dear friend and an overall wonderful person. Thank you wholeheartedly for the nice words of appreciation. Hope to see you again soon, either here in Rome or there in Brooklyn. A huge hug to you and your family. Take care.

Top Bottom