What's new

Cellophane on or offthe cigar?

Should one leave the cellophane on the cigars when you place them in your humidor? Im thinking yes as that's how they are in the walk in humidors at the B&M stores but wondered whats best.

Oh, no, not that old question again?!!! :mad3: Seriously, whenever and wherever that question is asked (which is a lot), it always comes down to YMMV. Personally, I leave the cello on for a wee bit of protection of fragile wrappers. It makes no difference as to humidification.

Oh, no, not that old question again?!!! :mad3: Seriously, whenever and wherever that question is asked (which is a lot), it always comes down to YMMV. Personally, I leave the cello on for a wee bit of protection of fragile wrappers. It makes no difference as to humidification.

+1. It really makes no difference. I keep the cellophane on FWIW. I've heard (but I never have them around long enough for first hand knowledge) that when the cellophane goes yellow, the cigar is nice and aged and ready to go.

+1. It really makes no difference. I keep the cellophane on FWIW. I've heard (but I never have them around long enough for first hand knowledge) that when the cellophane goes yellow, the cigar is nice and aged and ready to go.
Yup, it sure does get yellow as it ages. Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when I pull one out of my box and it is nice and yellow...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Ketchup or mustard on a hot dog?

We need a run and hide smilie.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I like to take the cello off my cigars. No empirical reason other than I like the look of naked sticks sitting in my humi.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Ah, yes, the age old question, cello or no cello. If you have a variety of brands and store them together, cello on is probably best to keep flavors from intermingling. If you keep different brands separated with dividers so they are not touching, then cello off is good. Cello on will delay the aging process slightly, bit not enough to really matter. Cello is a slight deterrent to cigar bugs traveling from stick to stick but I just recently saw an infestation so bat, the bugs were eating through the cello. Cello will also help with swings in humidity in your humidor.

It is very helpful as additional protection when handling, but otherwise seems to make no significant difference. If ou want to split the difference, you can unfold the end of the cello and cut it off, leaving the foot exposed, but the wrapper protected.

If you are anything like me and have numerous different cigars in your humidors and find yourself frequently rooting around, deciding what to smoke, cello on is the best call.

$worms.jpg

I take it off for the ones on the top layer where they can be seen purely 'cause it looks nicer and makes the "American" sticks match the Cubans. Aesthetics aside, this way I can palm moochers off with something cheaper than Cohibas.

Below the tray, I'm too lazy to unwrap them. They were fine from the factory in the wrapper, they'll be fine a while longer. Having had a mix in there for years, I can honestly say it makes no difference at all. Unless you get a mold attack, of course, when you'll be mighty glad of the cellophane.

It is very helpful as additional protection when handling, but otherwise seems to make no significant difference. If ou want to split the difference, you can unfold the end of the cello and cut it off, leaving the foot exposed, but the wrapper protected.

If you are anything like me and have numerous different cigars in your humidors and find yourself frequently rooting around, deciding what to smoke, cello on is the best call.

yup i keep mine on if they have them also because i tend to do the cigar shuffle while digging around trying to figure out what I want to smoke

Top Bottom