What's new

question about selling a watch - Tag Steve McQueen Monaco

Gents - I have a question which I thought some people on here might be able to help me with. I have a Tag Heuer Steve McQueen Monaco watch that I would like to sell. I have had it for about a year but only worn it a handful of times (I am selling it b/c I would like something a little more simplistic, maybe a Stowa or something like that, and put the rest of the money away in savings for now). The watch is in great condition, it has a leather band which you can tell has been used, but is still fine.

I have a couple of questions about selling it. They seem to be going for around 1500-2000+ on ebay. Whereabouts should I start my price (remember, you can tell the band has been used and those are pretty pricey to replace). Would you guys recommend ebay for it or something else?

Lastly, I intend to post pictures and such of it later and would be happy to sell it to someone here if interested.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

fyi - I plan to get a Stowa Marine Automatic in its place.....if anyone has had that watch, any Stowa, or knows anything about them I would appreciate feedback

A watch I've lusted after ever since seeing LeMans.

Why sell on eBay? Why not timezone or another watch forum?

it is a very cool watch. Part of me really doesn't want to part with it, but I think that it is just too expensive/nice of watch for me to have right now.

thanks for that advice - I'll check out that timezone place. My only concern is that I've never sold anything this big before online and can obviously understand why someone would have reservations about buying something like this, but ebay obviously has some protection built in (plus I have a lot of positive feedback so I think people will realize that I am legit).

thanks for the advice - keep it coming!

i'd be willing to let it go for pretty cheap! (but I understand $ going elsewhere - I'm secretly just selling this to feed my mama bear and C&E addiction)

I've sold watches on Timezone and on the Seiko/Citizen forum. never had a problem - just make sure you verify payment before shipping (standard Internet sales rule - absolutely NO reflection on the buyers at these sites).

As far as asking price - eBay is one source; another would be to do a search on the Timezone sales forum. The Monacos have been pretty popular with enthusiasts over the years - possibly the most popular of any of the Tag Heurs, so you shouldn't have too much trouble if your price is right.

Good luck
Ken

Top Bottom