What's new

So How Bad is YOUR AD?

Rather proud of myself as I've not purchased much except for some:

Speick
Proraso Blue
Proraso Pre-shave green

Sold off two razors and am happy with my OC collection, plus my seven brushes

I seem to have a collecting type of personality. If I get interested in collecting things, I seem to go all out for a while at first and then kind of settle down. A few years ago it was vintage fly rods and fly reels. I spent a lot of money on some really nice pieces. After a while, it wore off and I sold a few and kept some of the more desirable ones. Then, it was wrist watches. Not the really high end watches but those mostly in the $50 to $200 range. I recently sold enough of those to have a sizable down payment on a new car. Then came the wet shaving stuff. I had a ton of vintage DE razors, sold a few and am now down to 12 that I actually use in my rotation. I don't even look at them on the bay anymore. After 30 or so bottles of A/S, I haven't bought any in a long time, so I think I now have it under control. I just hope nothing else comes along.
cottontop
Same here mate, it used to be cigars for me until I ran out of storage place and had enough to age and to smoke now. So now its wetshaving, I just hope I dont spend as much as I did on cigars.

Same here mate, it used to be cigars for me until I ran out of storage place and had enough to age and to smoke now. So now its wetshaving, I just hope I dont spend as much as I did on cigars.

I think cigars have us beat for price unless you really get into minty vintage razor collection and high price razors like Joris and really expensive badger brushes. I don't think there is really enough of them around to compete with cigars -- but I could be wrong...

I think cigars have us beat for price unless you really get into minty vintage razor collection and high price razors like Joris and really expensive badger brushes. I don't think there is really enough of them around to compete with cigars -- but I could be wrong...
Very true, I think im quite contented at the moment with my set up, it'll probably be an additional razor and brush in a year or 2 otherwise in done.

I'm down to two DE razors (with a third on the way), three brushes, one Palmolive stick for travel, and a couple of creams (plus shave jelly). I only use Feather blades so I'm set on that score. I also keep a couple of Trac II, Sensor, and Guard handles and carts around for travel use. I'm pretty much over the ADs.

Anyone else feel that they need ADA (AD Annoymous)??!!:a46:

Oh not me.... I just fine :yesnod:

proxy.php

my goal to switch to wet shaving...i told my self = "the blades are so cheap, it will pay for itself in money saved"

....even my postman recognizes when i get a shave delivery...

So does your wife still think it's wind shield washer fluid?:lol:

No I am storing it in the darkroom along side a gallon of Kodak Selenium toner and Heico Perma Wash. She will never look and if she does, she will not pick it up and turn it around as she knows to stay away from the "stinky chemicals" in the darkroom. She knows they are strong acids and alkaline substances and she should not move then to avoid a spill/leak.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Lot of cabinets in the darkroom which have made GREAT stash places for all kinds of stuff (soap/creams take up 4 full drawers, razors 1 drawer, EDC/AS takes up 2 drawers and a cabinet).

proxy.php

proxy.php

LOL, turtle! I really thought, when you said you found a better place than the garage, that you just meant it was staying in the bathroom.

Jason -- have you reviewed the Fine AS scents somewhere? I'd love to read a comparison. Particularly of the difference between the two Vetivers, and then... particularly what you like more if it's another one!

When I started wetshaving I quickly acquired 7 modern razors. Seems reasonable, I thought, one for each day of the week. I then developed an interest in vintage Gillettes, became a regular at eBay, and collected 15 more razors, more or less a representative of each type (old style, NEW, tech, superspeed, adjustables, etc.). With 22 razors I figured I was done for a while.

Then I discovered single edge razors, of which I now have 18, with 3 more on the way. :w00t:

And I've only been at this a few months!

--Bob

Last edited:
Turtle has always been an inspiration to me. Killer size bottle mate :)
I was told when I joined this forum that I would eventually slow down and it was true.
Having said that I thinned my numbers of everything dramatically but now seem to buy higher end items but not so many.

Its fun and thats the main thing.

LOL, turtle! I really thought, when you said you found a better place than the garage, that you just meant it was staying in the bathroom.

I have 2 plumbing access doors for the Jacuzzi. One where the faucet is which is outside the shave den in the hallway. I was hoping that would work but the dang plumbing is in the way :sad:

The other is inside the closet at the other end of the tub where the pump is but it is too hard to get into being back on the side wall of the closet.

SO....

I just put it in the darkroom.

I'll only be going into it a couple times a year to refill my smaller Topaz bottle so where it is stored is not that big of a deal.

proxy.php

Top Bottom